Table of Contents
- Email Marketing: A Definition
- Fire Up Your Email Marketing Strategy
- Festive Season Email Marketing
- 10 Email Marketing Tips And Tricks For Diwali
- Key Takeaways
You’re always looking to connect with your customers, subscribers, and clients as a brand. This is an effective tool that can also be leveraged to build more love for your brand among fresher audiences. Email marketing is one of the most intimate ways to strengthen existing relationships and develop newer ones. Festival times are an especially great time to overhaul your strategy. This blog explores effective, creative holiday email marketing tips for Diwali – the festival of lights.
Today, email marketing is a key tool leveraged by businesses to send out commercial emails to their database of customers, clients, and subscribers. It is one of the core pillars for any business’ digital marketing strategy. Emails can be informational or promotional. They can be in the form of newsletters or amplify significant announcements. For instance, holiday email campaigns are an important aspect of any business’s email strategy.
Fire Up Your Email Marketing Strategy
Consumers today are overwhelmed with online content. Grabbing consumer attention is a crucial challenge for brands. Pushing too many product-heavy emails or generic holiday wishes will have more consumers marking your newsletter as spam. This is why it’s important to develop a more authentic approach to building holiday email campaigns for your target audience.
Festive Season Email Marketing
Festivals are when consumers and clients are in a celebratory frame of mind. They have also probably earmarked budgets for festival spending. So naturally, this is a great time to leverage holiday email marketing. For instance, say you are a consumer business bringing out special deals or a range of products for Diwali. It’s a smart idea to strategize and craft the best holiday emails that drive your business outcomes.
10 Email Marketing Tips And Tricks For Diwali
The following email marketing tips and tricks offer organic ideas to make your emails more relevant to any target audience, nudging them to open them and have a read.
- Featuring industry experts: Audiences today are always looking to grow their knowledge and learn from expert perspectives. You can feature interviews with experts within your organization, network, client base, and industry. For example, you can discuss pre-Diwali consumer trends with a thought leader in the space.
- Share how-to guides: Audiences are always looking for ideas to improve their lives – from how to decorate their homes during Diwali on a budget to building a festive investment portfolio. This is a great way to subtly plug products without being too sale-sy about it.
- Share a founder’s perspective: A personalized email from the founder of an organization, business, or brand wishing audiences, or simply saying hello, is a powerful way to share updates and make a connect, without being too formal and business-like. It trumps generic festive wishes emails, for sure.
- Promote what you published: Today, businesses regularly publish blogs, podcasts, and other key assets. Holiday email campaigns are a great way to amplify brand assets that in-house marketing teams have carefully curated.
- Share a high-impact case study: It may out sound very festive, but a case study couched as a story can be an inspiring tool to build love in your audiences. Choose an inspiring narrative that imbibes the festive spirit of giving. Holiday email marketing examples can include improving your diversity and inclusion or delivering on your CSR goals.
- Blast out a video campaign: Almost every business, today, leverages video through the year to amplify its narratives, success stories, and brand news. Make your festive celebratory video a part of your newsletter strategy.
- Amplify needle-moving reports: You can leverage important industry reports to educate your customers based on whether your company is a B2B or B2C business. Holiday email marketing examples can include how consumers choose sustainable gifting ideas for Diwali or businesses are manufacturing eco-friendly consumer appliances (since everyone is buying new ones during Diwali!)
- Amplify special offers: Festive times are great to introduce incentives such as free subscriptions, special deals, discounts, and unique offers. Be sure not to make it too transactional by selling a bigger idea or story and not merely pushing products. For instance, if your business sells organic food products, sell a lifestyle and good health as part of your holiday email campaign.
- Forecast new trends: Consumers are always looking to reinvent during festive times. Curate a list of recent trends related to your industry or business that they can leverage to stay ahead of the curve. For instance, gifting ideas are always in short supply during festive times. You can weave in pre-loved, handmade, upcycled, referral, and other contemporary gifting ideas that directly connect to your business.
- Leverage user-generated content: Celebrate the best emerging from your network of consumers, client businesses, and other sources of organic content. For example, if you have positive beauty reviews by customers using your latest products, the festive season is great to amplify them!
- Email marketing is a key tool leveraged by businesses to send out commercial emails to their database of customers, clients, and subscribers.
- The best holiday emails keep the tone conversational and crisp.
- They create value for your audiences by educating, starting conversations, amplifying positive news, and building a solid connection with your brand. The best holiday emails do not merely push products.
- Amplify special offers to introduce incentives such as free subscriptions, special deals, discounts, and unique offers.
- A personalized email from the founder of an organization, business, or brand wishing audiences, or simply saying hello, is a powerful way to share updates and make a connect
Building an effective email marketing campaign takes time and effort, especially for festive times. Get a headstart early on, leverage our email marketing tips and tricks for Diwali, and fire up your future festive campaigns.
Millions of Internet users check and use email every day for personal and professional reasons. So, yes, email marketing remains highly relevant today!
Put yourself in the shoes of the audiences you are trying to reach. Focus on delivering useful and relevant content, rather than trying to consistently “sell” something, though this is the underlying goal. Leverage our tips for successful email marketing campaigns to build a genuine connection with audiences.
1. Email marketing can lead to sales conversions. For example, an abandoned cart email can nudge an online shopper to make a purchase they forgot to make.
2. Holiday email marketing can be leveraged to build brand awareness.
3. It can inspire customer loyalty by showcasing what your brand stands for.
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective marketing tools. Also, in a hypothetical scenario, say your social media is down, you can continue communicating with your target audience via email.
Half the work is done when you craft a compelling, eye-catching subject line. Hence, spend ample time working on headlines that appeal to your audience and will make them ache to get to that email.
There are multiple email support software available today to send test emails to yourself and your team members. This enables you to check how your email appears in your inbox. Make sure it is optimized for desktop and mobile device consumption.