Email signature marketing is an effective marketing channel to
Your signature is unique and exclusive to you, whether on paper or email. It is a mark of your brand. Email signature marketing is one of the most underestimated marketing tools. Now that we have your attention, let us dive into some clever email marketing tips using signatures to elevate your marketing game. But, before that, let us first understand what email signature marketing is.
Email Signature Marketing
Email signature marketing (ESM) is the practice of utilizing your email signature as a channel to advertise your brand. It creates a marketing opportunity by adding calls to action, such as a button, banner, text, etc., in the email signature block. These include options like social media handles, link to book a live demo, updates on upcoming or ongoing sales, top-performing videos, etc. Clever email marketing involving signatures is an impactful way to reach a broader audience.
9 Tips To Use Your Email Signature
Use the following email marketing tips and tricks to,
- Increase brand awareness
- Generate new leads
- Engage existing customer base
- Drive sales
1. Promote events
Spread the word about your upcoming event using the signature block. It will help boost the number of participants for the event and increase the probability of creating a buzz around your email marketing campaign. However, make sure the CTA button is easy to view and tempting enough to click on. Use photos or clippings from past events or speaker details to build curiosity.
2. Link to social media
Another simple and effective way to add life to your email marketing campaign is to share your social media accounts right below your email signature. This can include your public and personal accounts on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more. You can also share the link to your blog or website.
3. Sales and seasonal promotions
This is probably one of the most cost-effective ways to send promotional emails. With multiple opportunities like Black Friday, festive sales, and international days, you can conduct some clever email marketing here. Simply mention an ongoing sale or offer period below your signature. This will make your email sound less salesy, and will still get the message across.
Bonus tip: use segmenting to your advantage. Segmenting audiences based on their interests, professions, funnel stage, etc., helps you send out promotional emails that are more targeted.
4. Encourage product onboarding
It is the first step for a long-term relationship between a client and the brand. With product onboarding becoming primarily digital, the marketing must be simple, impressive, and effective. You can use email signatures to speed up the process. Gather permission, forms, and documentation. In the signature block, share the link to free live demos and the latest products launched.
5. Build your email newsletter list
If you run an email newsletter, be it for your blog or company, an effective tip would be to use ESM to your advantage. Below or alongside your signature, you can add a clickable subscription button for your email subscribers.
6. Show off the brand spirit
Your brand is your identity and opportunity to build trust among your current and prospective clients. Optimize your email signature to leave a lasting impression on your recipient. With attention spans reducing to a few seconds, the email signature is proof of your authenticity and gives an insight into your brand. A few effective ways to use email signatures are as follows:
- All employees should use similar logos, colors, and fonts for brand consistency.
- The email signature should be similar on all devices.
- Add interactive icons to all company social media accounts.
- Add a clear and eye-catching CTA button.
- Add quotes from a client testimonial.
Your email signature is like your elevator pitch. It is your opportunity to share a glimpse of what you and your brand are. While your email copy may have the most effective messaging, email signature marketing opens the door to a long-lasting brand-client relationship.
7. Schedule meetings and calls
Allow your recipients to connect with you. Share with them a link to book a meeting with you in a suitable slot. Add a CTA to book a meeting, a product run-through, a one-on-one check-in, etc.
8. Feedback and reviews
A great way to build brand reputation is to share product testimonials. Feedback and reviews are social proof that add to your brand’s credibility. You can insert the most striking sentence from these testimonials into the signature for the maximum impact.
Bonus email writing tip: use the email signature to inform your clientele about the recent awards, honors, and media mentions your company has received.
- Don’t let the blank space below your email copy go to waste: utilize it to strike an everlasting impression of your brand. Showcase special offers, book a free demo, direct users to your social media handles; there is so much you can do.
- The colors, font, and messaging used in your email signature should sync with the branding on other platforms.
- You do not want your recipient to dwell too much on whether to take action. Only include one clear CTA so that the recipient is driven enough to click on it.
- The email signature should be elegant and straightforward: don’t add too much clutter to it, as it may turn the reader away.
- The email signature should be designed to adapt to any kind of device, mobile, laptop, etc.
Email signature marketing is an effective way to promote your brand. With many businesses going remote, this space should be leveraged in branding campaigns. The clever email marketing tips mentioned in this blog will definitely boost your next successful campaign.
Email signatures are a cost-effective marketing channel to reach a wider audience. It is a low-cost and high-return marketing channel. A clear, concise, and impactful email signature can increase brand visibility.
– Keep your email signature elegant and concise.
– Use clear CTA for the recipient.
– Add a link to social media platforms or the latest promotions.
– The font, color, and messaging should sync with the overall brand messaging and image.
Here are some useful tips to follow:
1. Include a headshot for a personal connect.
2. Include visuals. Showcase the latest product images.
3. Add links to the top-performing or recent videos.
4. Add links to your social media accounts.
5. Keep it clean, simple, and elegant.
6. It should be responsive to all types of devices.
7. Use low-saturated visuals that are soothing to the eyes.
8. Add a special touch, such as a handwritten sign-off.