Let’s admit it; we have all used LinkedIn as our online resume at some point or the other. Business owners and content marketers are no exceptions to this. After all, LinkedIn is a powerful search engine that can bring high-volume traffic to your profile.
This influx could include professional connections and brand new clients since almost six out of 10 businesses are present on LinkedIn, according to Backlinko. We constantly wonder how to get SEO clients on Linkedin that fit our profile. This is exactly why you need good LinkedIn strategies. Let’s discuss them in detail.
8 LinkedIn Profile-Building Strategies
Here are eight LinkedIn profile-building strategies to help you ace your Search Engine Optimization efforts.
1. Make the right connections
Don’t keep on adding people randomly. You must have an ideal client persona and expand your network based on that. At the same time, connect with your peers because you may come across valuable advice from them regarding how to grow your business or improve your content.
Also, don’t blindly send people connection requests. Introduce yourself. The two sentences you write as an introductory message can help build trust and ensure that the one you connect to knows who you are. Your Linkedin SEO marketing strategy will start showing results when the right audience finds your content.
2. Optimize your profile
LinkedIn has a lot of scopes for you to optimize your profile, from the headline section to your profile summary. But that’s not all. While you aren’t making use of keywords, customize your profile according to your target group. Focus on the profile picture and cover photo sections.
Have a look at the example below. They have made perfect use of the top space, using the right keywords to ace the Linkedin SEO marketing strategy.
Does the aesthetics or design matter? Of course. Visuals are the first point of contact.
So, what should you do?
- Use a high-quality, clear image that has a simple background. For your profile picture, use a close-up shot of your face. Don’t use a photo where you are looking grumpy or too fierce.
- Your cover photo can tell your audience about your business. It can be a tagline, your website URL, and so on. Think big.
Remember, optimizing your profile with the right images is the first step to generating traffic among the Linkedin SEO strategies.
3. Make use of LinkedIn SEO
LinkedIn SEO strategy would not be the same as Google SEO because the keyword types differ. On LinkedIn, it is important to make use of short-tail keywords.
For instance, on Google, users will type ‘content writer near me.’ But, on LinkedIn, it will be just a ‘content writer’ or ‘writer.’
- To find the right keywords, list all the terms you want to rank for and use those with decent search volumes. For instance, when you type ‘content writer,’ look at the results and analyze the keywords they have used.
- Make a note of the search volume by filtering it through organizations or people. You are generally looking for the number of results appearing when you search for a particular term. Now, see the results for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-degree connections. Why? Because you cannot exactly see what others see when searching for a particular term, this is the closest you can get, at least for now. Use these to craft a killer Linkedin SEO content strategy.
4. Post the right kind of content
When you start posting on LinkedIn, do not expect immediate traction. Be patient. Try a variety of content, including long-form pieces, infographics, short-form pieces, and more. Keep posting them and see which one brings you the best results.
Also, try publishing articles on LinkedIn. It can trigger almost five times the number of views. So, you can simply re-publish your existing blog if your website SEO is not a priority. Lastly, always include a call-to-action anywhere in your article.
5. Think of a lovely profile copy
There is no rule that you must keep it to the point or be boring. Just be you. Write copies that can turn into conversations. LinkedIn was built to help professionals connect, but that won’t happen if your profile is bland. You need to spruce it up. Make it appealing and interesting while keeping things professional. Incorporate the Linkedin SEO tips subtly. Write with your target group in mind.
- You have about 120 characters for your heading. Use SEO keywords to create a compelling yet apt headline. It is the most crucial part of nailing the Linkedin SEO marketing strategy. But, don’t go with over-the-top headlines. This is not the space for that. Keep it simple, and don’t clog it with too many keywords.
- You have about 100 words for your summary, so make each word count. Think about what your clients want and create a copy based on that. But it should also resonate with what you do.
- In your ‘Experience’ section, write about what you did in a particular company and your role. It helps.
- Remember to use layman terms wherever possible because not everyone will know industry jargon.
6. A funnel of information
We generally wait for our connections on LinkedIn to make a move by sending us a direct message. But, you can make it easier for them by creating a funnel. This is how you do it:
- When a person looks at the cover text, profile photo, and headline, they get an idea of who you are and what you do. If they want to know more, they move on to the summary.
- In summary, you can talk about how you can help a business grow. Talk about the common pain points and your solutions, and mention your main unique selling points. Your content will help with the Linkedin SEO marketing strategy to make your posts rank.
- Next is the media section, where you can add links to your blog posts or even upload videos to help your clients understand why you are the right fit. Finally, a call-to-action will tell your viewers how they can contact you.
7. You need all the recommendations and endorsements
When you ask your clients, colleagues, and bosses to recommend or endorse you, they are likely to include the keywords. So, ask your connections to endorse or recommend you. It also strengthens your profile.
Next, LinkedIn has a wonderful option where you can add several skills you are good at. Here, you can have three top skills, which should be your primary skills, and your endorsements will be based on these three skills.
8. You need all the engagement you can get
When you start posting on LinkedIn, patience is the key to getting traffic, but you can easily engage with other members on the platform. When you comment on a post, your name will show in your connections’ main feed, and you will also become visible to their network, which in turn can expand your reach.
Building a Linkedin network would take time. However, the long-term benefits are worth it. You will have an eager audience where you can offer your services.
Having optimized Linkedin SEO strategies would get you global clients. So go ahead and find that client, land that interview, and grow your network. The LinkedIn world is your oyster.
It is important to consider time zones while posting, but generally, the best time to post is between 8 am and 3 pm. Statistics show that posts received maximum engagement between 9 am and 10 am on Wednesdays.
LinkedIn recommends 20 posts per month, which is roughly one post per business day. You should not post more than five times a day, as users do not like spam, and if you do not have valuable content to share, it is best not to. If you have ideas, note them down, or maintain an editorial calendar. You will not only have consistent content to post, but you can plan your posts in advance and maintain the posting schedule as per the prescribed Linkedin SEO Marketing strategy.
Yes, hashtags help with visibility. LinkedIn recommends between three to five relevant hashtags per post. If you do not see the same results as someone else, do not feel disheartened. Rework your strategy. It might take some time, depending on the niche of your content
There is no correct way of posting. Your posts will reflect your brand values and personality. So, it is your chance to show off your knowledge and expertise in your domain. Ideally, you could try to maintain the following tips to rank consistently as per the above Linkedin SEO strategy tips.
1. Make sure that your post title is of 40-49 characters.
2. Do not embed videos in the post.
3. Make use of headings and subtitles.
4. Visual content is more appealing and fosters engagement.
5. Use a neutral tone.
Compare Content Marketing vs Advertising to determine the more effective strategy for your business in 2024.
Discover key strategies for crafting a successful B2B content marketing plan in 2024 to enhance your brand’s digital presence.
Discover the impact! Dive into the battle of Interactive vs. Static Content. Which captivates your audience better? Let’s unravel the secrets.
Get your hands on the latest news!
9 Key Strategies To Increase Twitter Reach
10 Brands That Excel In Localization
Post-Sales Content Marketing Strategies To Engage With Your Customers