Articles with a word count that is anywhere between 2250 and 2500 earn maximum organic traffic. It is also said that the longer your content, the higher its ranking on search engines. However, the content must be of good quality, well-researched, and should match the user’s intent.
Table of Contents
- What is Long-form content?
- Strategies to Promote Long-form Content
- Long-Form Content Best Practices
- Tips for creating long-form content
- Content amplification and its importance
- How to do content amplification
- Importance of Content amplification
- Key takeaways
Among the various types of content marketing is short and long-form content. There are 600 million blogs out there. Chances of breaking out of this clutter of short-form blog content seem low unless you can consistently create original, engaging, and high-quality content. While short-form content has a clear role in our fast-paced world powered by technology, long-form content is far from obsolete.
Did you know that long-form content gets 77.2% more links, on average, as compared to short articles, according to Backlinko?
According to several studies, articles with a word count that is anywhere between 2250 and 2500 earn maximum organic traffic. It is also said that the longer your content, the higher its ranking on search engines. However, the content must be of good quality, well-researched, and match the user’s intent.
What is long-form content?
Long-form content can provide you with the opportunity to consider marketing materials in-depth and get in touch with the target people using the right and valuable content. In general, the goal is to provide value and information to the audience at large.
It is not enough to create long-form content; you need to amplify and promote it as well. You need to reach the right people so that you can improve your lead generation speed. Using different suitable strategies and content amplification can help you grab the attention of the audience.
Here, we will discuss the strategies that you can use to promote your content. We will also be discussing the long-form content best practices that you need to follow to ensure the distribution strategy works perfectly. Later, we will also discuss content amplification, how to do it, and its importance in long-form content marketing.
Strategies to promote long-form content
1. Add influencers to your post
We have all noticed the power of influencer marketing. You would have bought a product because the influencer you follow vouched for it.
Influencers are a great way to reach your target market. It helps explore the untapped potential in your niche. You need to include pieces from the right people in your target market to make it valuable.
Connect with influencers, take notes on what they say about the topic, and add it to your piece. The content will gain worth when these influencers share their quotes along with your article on their social channels.
While doing this, make sure that:
- You always give due credit to the influencers when you are adding their insights.
- Connect with them once the piece has been published to let them know about the same.
- Tag them on social channels so that your work gains credibility.
2. Explore guest posting options
Have an excellent piece that you want to share with the right people? There is nothing better than a guest post to improve your reach.
Guest post allows you to promote the content on other sites that are relevant to your target audience.
- Always search for websites with high domain authority, as it will increase the credibility of your website.
- It also poses a bigger chance of you getting in touch with the correct audience set.
- Narrow down to one aspect of the entire content to write on the guest blog. It will help you link back to the main content. This way, you will be offering new and valuable content on the website.
3. Send emails to your network
Leverage the network you have painstakingly built to improve the readership for the new content you posted. It will also help you nurture the audience already connected with you and help increase the visits to your web page.
- Give your audience a sneak peek into the content via a newsletter. Tell them what they can expect from the piece.
- Segment your email list before you send it to the users. It will help you make sure that the users do not receive the content at the wrong time.
- Don’t use a single message to promote the content. Make sure you personalize the email message when marketing it to multiple lists.
4. Share it on social channels
Sharing content on your social channels will garner more visits and engagement. It is one of the most important ways to connect with your audience and promote your new content.
People are following you because they want to know what you have to say. They are interested in your brand and like what you do.
- You might have to share the same message multiple times in a day. You should try and repurpose the content so that it reaches the audience again.
- When you are creating a post for LinkedIn, make it more personalized. Similarly, when you are marketing on Twitter, tweak the content to suit the platform.
- To reach more people, ensure that everyone who visits your social channel sees the content. So, pin the post, and it will appear at the top.
5. Promote the content using more content
The way you promote products and services using content, you can promote your content using other content marketing types. Write a short post pointing at one aspect of the original content. You can get people to download, visit the link or take any other suitable action.
- Take one part of the content that connects with people. It could be a pain point that people are suffering from. Highlight it and provide solutions using short-form content.
- Make sure to add CTAs that will make the users take necessary action.
Long-form content best practices
It is possible to make long-form content a lead magnet for your company. Read these tips to know more:
1. Know your objective
What is the purpose of your long-form content? What do you aim to achieve by writing this content?
When you can answer these two questions, you will be able to refine the work to suit your needs. If your goal is to offer something well-researched and valuable that will help the users decide, you will have to progress with the research accordingly. If you plan on providing solutions, then your content should offer answers to queries.
The answer to the above questions will also help you comeup with CTAs and introduce them effectively into your content.
2. Provide value
When a user searches on the search engines, they need quick and informative answers. For instance, when they look for the best books to read, they don’t just want a list of great books. They also want to know why they are good, the author’s achievements, and how to pick one for a particular situation.
Every question has an intent, and the answer should fulfill it by providing an in-depth and insightful value. If your long-form content fails to offer the said information, people might not view it, and it might rank low.
3. Stay true to your promise
When people write a headline, they don’t think it through. However, you must write a headline that matches what you are offering to the user. When you follow through with the promise you made with the headline, people will love the content, and more users will follow your business. It will not only boost visits but also improve website credibility.
4. Provide quality information
The content should be remarkable and of good quality. It should give detailed and valuable information to the readers. The quality of content is essential because if the content is unique and up to the mark, then the reader will not see how long ago your article was published. They will consider what information the article is providing to them. Good quality of content grabs attention. The quality of content will eventually help increase the average lifespan of the content and add value to it.
5. Picking up topics that can be explored
While creating long-form content, it is important to choose the topics that can be explored. Opting for the right topic is highly important when it comes to long-form content marketing. Selecting complex topics will allow you to explore more and refrains you from getting stuck while writing the content on a specific topic. The topic should allow the writer a lot of room for getting into the details of the topic. Also, by choosing the right topic, it will be easier for the audience to get all the information in one place.
6. Select the correct format
It is crucial to decide the format to write the content. Different types of long-form content formats can be used such as informative articles, listicles, articles with infographics, and others. The format will support you in identifying the information that is needed and help decide on the length of your content. For example, if you choose on writing an in-depth article that has infographics, then you don’t need to write long content since the infographic will be enough to engage the readers.
Identifying the best-suited format for your content is required as it will allow you to present the information that will deliver practical information to the audience. On the other hand, you can also use two formats together as this can help in providing you with the best results.
Consequently, the practices that help write relevant, meaningful, and appealing content to read are best. By following the best practices, you can help increase traffic and achieve a higher conversion rate.
Tips for creating long-form content
- Begin with a short introduction: The audiences will always be keen to read the indicated and promised content when they come up to read the long-form writing. Hence, it is essential to keep the introduction short, sweet, and exciting and let the readers know what they’ll get to read by going through the introduction of the long-form content.
- Be understandable and conversational: Readers will be more interested when they can understand the content clearly. Using simple terms makes the reading experience even more appealing for them. Use comprehensive and short sentences while creating long-form content. Also, the content should be conversational so that the readers can connect with the content.
- Use visuals for breaking up long-form content: To keep the readers engaged, it is essential to make use of the visuals and break long-form content in pieces. Breaking up the content in a mindful way can help enhance the overall design of the long-form content. The visuals help keep the readers engaged.
- Utilize rich media: Using rich media is considered one of the highly effective and attractive methods to keep the reader invested and engaged in long-form content. Using high-quality images, statistical charts, gifs, and such others helps in adding value to long-form content.
- Using captivating headlines and short paragraphs: Want to attract the audiences towards your post? Write compelling headline, title, and subtitles. It is the key to drive a large audience. Do your research of similar posts to understand what works the best. Also, it is vital to avoid long paragraphs. Delivering the information in detail is essential, but keeping short paragraphs is also important to make the content readable and engaging.
These tips will allow you to write content clearly and appealingly helping you establish a connection with your audience. The aim is to maintain the quality and design of the long-form content so that it can engage the audiences instantly.
Content amplification and its importance
Content amplification is a concept used to increase the value of content by repurposing it in various formats and distributing it on multiple channels. Amplify only your best content so that it can really contribute to success. It is an approach that helps content reach a wider audience.
Many different techniques and methods are used for amplifying the reach of one’s content. This includes various approaches for distributing and promoting content.
How to do content amplification
- Establishing achievable and realistic goals is the key. It is important to:
- Find out what you want to achieve through content amplification
- Listing the currently used channels
- Find out best-performing channels
- List the content that works best for you
- Know what reaction you want from your audience towards promoted content
Setting realistic goals and expecting practical results can help in realizing the importance of content amplification. Measuring the growth throughout the process of content amplification is important.
2. Selecting channels: Using suitable channels for content amplification is essential. Start with evaluating the current channels and understand which channels should be used. Use any existing channel that is contributing highly to reaching the target audience. You can also use a mix of platforms.
3. Recognizing the journey of customers: Utilizing different channels for getting customers’ attention again and analyzing the path to conversion and improvement helps in the success of content amplification. It is essential to use different types of content on other channels depending on the stage of the customer’s journey. You can begin with:
- Outlining point of interaction and journey of the customer before purchase
- Finding out gaps in channels and content at every point of interaction
- Covering the identified gaps with the help of content or by using the missing distribution channels
- Evaluating and optimizing throughout every step and keep a check on areas of improvements
4. Identifying content that can help fill the gaps: Different types of content are used to attract and retain the audience. You need to use different content for different channels considering your industry, audience, goals, and others. Each type of content helps in attaining certain goals. To draw the audience’s attention, use different content such as organic content, organic social content, paid content, and others. In addition to this, amplifying your best content will also help attract a higher number of targeted people.
Importance of content amplification
Content amplification can play an important role in standing out of the crowd. It has been found that companies put efforts to create high-quality and matchless content to contribute to building trust among the audiences. But the problem that the companies face is in reaching the target audience. Hence, to increase the reach and targeted readers, content amplification is essential.
With the help of content amplification, it is possible to increase the reach and exposure of your content. This helps in increasing backlinks which eventually helps in enhancing the SEO of your website. Having many backlinks and high-quality content can contribute to a higher rank in SERPs resulting in increased conversions, traffic, and leads. Amplification of content will contribute to higher brand mentions, SEO optimization, and your brand’s promotion.
Your content will reach the right people with the help of content amplification. Native advertising is used so that your content can reach the right audience in the right place.
Long-form content offers excellent value to readers. It helps businesses connect with their users over a common issue by providing solutions.
It is essential to be patient, not just while creating but also while promoting and waiting for the returns of such content. Long-form content doesn’t generate results overnight.
Working on a relevant and informative content piece can guarantee long-term conversions and revenue returns.
- Long-form content marketing is one of the effective marketing strategies which provides measurable results.
- Evaluating different strategies and choosing the effective ones for the promotion of the content is important.
- Promoting and amplifying long-form content on the right channels as per your need is key to ensure that the content reaches the target audience.
- Amplifying your best content is important and evaluating your existing content can help in identifying the topic that performs best for you.
- Long-form content is the best marketing strategy that can help in increasing the engagement time of your audience if the content is written in an effective and presentable manner. But, when it comes to increasing the reach of content, it is important to use content amplification as it is the perfect way through which the set goals can be achieved.
Long-form content is a type of content marketing. It is a piece of content with more than 2000 words or detailed information on a topic. Long-form content is considered more attractive and can engage a large number of readers for a long duration. It is an effective content marketing strategy for companies to grab the audiences’ attention by providing them with interesting and relevant in-depth information.
Long-form content covers a topic in detail, and readers can get all their answers in one place. In terms of content strategy, using long-form content and an effective content promotion method contributes to increasing the engagement time of readers on the website. It can be considered that creating content with detailed information helps deliver way more value to readers.
As long-form content is used to grab audiences’ attention for a longer duration, its design and format also contribute to success. There are four ways that need to be considered for formatting long-form content:
Breaking down the content using heading and subheadings: Fragmenting the content in different sections helps improve SEO. Using descriptive subheadings helps readers to know what is about to come. Also, breaking down longer or heavier sections in points can help. Subheadings should replicate the outline of the article.
Add related images to break down content: To make it easier for readers to read long content; it is vital to break down the content using relevant photos as it helps provide value and increase engagement.
Use lists: Using lists improves the structure and enhances the design of the article. It makes it easier for the reader to scan the content.
Add table of contents: It provides an overview to the readers about the information available, and they can jump right to the sections they are more interested in reading.
Planning is essential when it comes to writing great content. Defining the topic, identifying the target audience, and setting your goals is important for your research. Content’s depth, scope, indicators to measure success, and tonality also need to be decided as they can help in writing the article well and getting the desired results.
There are different ways in which long-form content can be used, like:
Think about marketing types: Long-form content can be used to write short-form content. It can also be used to provide information as well as lead your audience to your website for selling your products or services.
Produce clear content ideas: Long-form content can be used to form good infographic data content, writing quotes to post on Instagram, and also create white paper subtopics.