Video marketing is in vogue these days. The effectiveness of traditional marketing tactics is slowly diminishing and might be on the verge of extinction sometime soon. Video is the medium in demand, whether testimonials, resumes, marketing, etc. If your business is bereft of a video marketing strategy, it is high time you divert some significant time, attention, and resources to implementing one.
Today’s consumer lives in a digital realm where live streaming, videos, and augmented reality are common. Nowadays, brands and businesses worldwide are consolidating their efforts more and more towards implementing a video marketing strategy. Therefore to stay up to date with the changing trends in your niche and digital marketing, it is crucial to invest in video marketing as a brand.
Importance of Video Marketing
Before we dive right into the strategies that are essential to ace video marketing, let’s take a quick look at why having a video marketing strategy is important in the first place. Brands today use video to increase brand awareness, engage with their customers, and eventually drive sales for their brand. Video marketing shares some of its elements with content marketing and digital marketing.
Nowadays, video marketing is a must-have for every brand to excel. Some of the important advantages of video marketing are as follows:
- Videos can immensely boost sales and conversions. Today, many brands add product videos to their websites and web pages to increase audience engagement.
- Video marketing ensures a great return on investment. Videos also can explain your products and services in much more clarity and detail.
- Having a video marketing strategy also builds brand trust and loyalty.
- By implementing a video marketing strategy, brands can have a higher chance of ranking better on search engines.
- Nowadays, users browse websites mostly on their smartphones, on the go, instead of on their desktops or laptops. Mobile video consumption is on the rise, owing to which the video audience is also higher in number now, as compared to ever before.
- Nothing gets better than a video tutorial or a how-to video when the brand needs to explain a complex idea or product functioning.
- Video content marketing strategy also encourages social shares. Entertaining, informative, educative videos are appreciated and highly shared by people.
Must-know Video Marketing Strategies
We understand why having a video marketing strategy is so important for any brand to excel in today’s digital realm. Here are 30 such video marketing strategies to take note of.
1. The audience is of primary concern
You must pay attention to your audience while eventually creating a video marketing strategy. Gather essential details about who your potential customer is, what are and their lifestyle habits and preferences. Ask questions like- what is their age group, their gender, interests, etc. Your video marketing as a brand depends on the video preferences of your audience.
2. The power of social influencers
Today’s video marketing strategy is incomplete without incorporating social media in it. By reaching out to the social influencers, you reach out to the masses. Instead of reaching out to celebrities, if your budget doesn’t allow you to, you can harness the power of micro-influencers who will promote your products and services. Due to their follower base, they can boost your video marketing and generate sales.
3. Make sure your email and landing page also has video
The video incorporated into your brand’s email marketing and the landing page can attract the right traffic to your website. Adding videos to the landing page and emails/ newsletters is a highly effective way of getting more leads.
4. Make use of live videos
Another excellent video marketing tactic is using live videos as a part of your video marketing campaign. Live videos are viral nowadays, allowing your audience to connect better with your brand.
5. Exercise the power of Instagram
Instagram is a prevalent platform amongst people of all ages, and it is fast-growing. Videos on Instagram stories are available only for 24 hours, creating a sense of urgency.
6. Add custom music and sound
While almost every brand is making a potential effort toward maximizing their video resources, it would be an added advantage to use custom music and sound.
7. Adding a clear CTA
A clear call to action is essential in directing the visitors to the next video or a certain web page. By doing so, you ensure that your visitors are compelled to learn more about your brand.
8. Add share buttons to the video
When you add videos to the web pages or your brand’s website, it is important to add share buttons in the video player so that the visitors can easily share your brand’s videos on different platforms.
9. Make sure you provide a transcript
Many video player platforms have the option of adding a transcript.
10. Figure out your story/message for video marketing
Have a basic framework in mind while planning your video marketing strategy. A basic framework entails a protagonist, conflict, quest, and resolution. When included in your brand’s video marketing strategy, these elements will take the viewer on a journey.
11. Keep an eye on the budget
While working on your brand’s video marketing, a fundamental lesson is maintaining a realistic budget. Creative planning is crucial before you devise your video strategy. For planning this, you have to chart out what kind of video you want to create for marketing.
12. Do a test drive.
A trial run before you implement the video marketing strategy is a good idea to test your video marketing plan before actually launching it.
13. Consistency is key
Uploading random content won’t help you establish a rapport with your audience. Devise some rules for consistency across your videos or their content, and stick to it. Consistency is essential for credibility.
14. Keep your videos brief
Creating and posting long-form videos can often drive the visitors away from your web page/website. Keeping videos short and straightforward is a great tactic. Readers consider long-form videos less digestible due to a short attention span.
15. Checkout video SEO techniques
Video SEO sure sounds complicated but is an important aspect of planning a successful video marketing strategy. Optimize your videos and add meta titles to the picture descriptions.
16. Use User-generated videos to your advantage
User-generated videos are a great way to establish your brand as a trusted entity in the eyes of your customers. Ask your customers to share videos of unboxing your brand’s products and using them.
17. Keep the brief videos
Focus on the first few seconds of the video. Your video marketing has to beat the other available content in some sort of way. You can tell stories to form an emotional connection with the audience. Your story should be cohesive and concise.
18. Video thumbnail
It is equally important that your video thumbnail is attractive so that the viewer wants to click on it and watch the video. Putting in a bit of effort to choose an appropriate thumbnail will lure the visitors into watching the video.
19. Add keywords to your video
Remember that the video’s description is fundamental. The title of your video is one of the most important aspects of it. It is one factor that decides the rank of your video on search engines.
20. Ask for feedback
A well-planned and well-executed video marketing strategy is not the end of a successful marketing plan. You also have to ask your audience for feedback. You can do this by looking through the comments on the video. Several brands also encourage their customers to share their opinions in comments.
21. Run sponsored videos on social media channels of your brand
A lot of consumers today watch video ads on social media. It is undoubtedly one of the best places to get the right audience’s attention. But make sure the video ads are rightly optimized for the platform you’ll be uploading them to.
22. Prepare your video marketing strategy
Before you begin planning and creating your videos, it is important to have a rough idea of how many video ads you will need for your campaign. The number of videos you decide to create would depend on your budget and your goal.
23. Choose the right platforms
It is crucial to choose the right platforms for your video marketing campaigns. Ensure that your required audience is present there and that you enjoy a good reputation on that specific platform.
24. Set measurable and achievable goals
It is advisable always to keep your ultimate goal in mind when devising a strategy. What is the end goal of your video marketing strategy- brand awareness, audience engagement, generation of leads, etc.
25. Create a publishing schedule
Planning and creating interesting videos is not the end of a successful video marketing plan. A publishing schedule is significant as it allows you to post videos on time without missing important deadlines. It also sets a pattern for the viewer to anticipate when they can next expect a video of a follow-up portion of the story your brand is telling through its video marketing.
26. Bring across your brand’s personality
While it is essential to tell a story and engage the audience in a conversation, it is also crucial to not lose out on your initial goal with the video marketing strategy. Create videos that bring about the uniqueness of your brand and that make your brand stand out.
27. Use analytical tools to evaluate the performance of the videos
To ace devising successful video marketing strategies, you have to understand and assess the effectiveness of your efforts. Several video hosting sites have free tools that allow you to analyze the performance of videos. If not these tools, you can integrate these videos on your site and then monitor their results using a more straightforward tool like Google Analytics.
28. Having a script in place
While many people might think that writing for videos is just a to-be-done process, writing a script in advance can be beneficial. Whipping up a last-minute script will only delay other processes like production. Draft a video script beforehand. Add the premise of your video and its main talking points.
29. Repurpose the elements of your video marketing plan
You cannot always create new content as and when you like. Repurposing video content like written content is a great idea. You can slightly change the format of your existing video content, like creating presentations, blog posts or short-form videos, etc. You are more likely to get a return on investment from producing a video if you can extract as many viewers as possible from sharing it.
30. Learn from the good ones
Usually, long-form videos are recorded and split into several ways to keep your ultimate goal in mind. Learn from the already existing video examples. A few good video marketing examples that you can learn from are London Basin Company, Vivense, Foga, etc. Vivense itself is an excellent example of short-form video marketing done right. It is in the form of 15-second Instagram reels but does its job effectively.
Keeping up with the latest marketing trends is essential. Video marketing strategy is a crucial aspect of modern-day digital marketing. Whether big or small, all businesses are heading towards planning a video marketing strategy. Video marketing is an essential channel for modern-day marketing.
- Video marketing to increase brand awareness, engage with their customers, and eventually, drive sales for their brand.
- Video marketing ensures a better return on investment and an improved search engine ranking.
- In the case of explanatory concepts, video marketing works best.
- Video content marketing strategy also encourages social shares. Entertaining, informative, educational videos are appreciated and highly shared by people.
- The video incorporated into your brand’s email marketing and landing page can attract the right traffic to your website. Adding videos to the landing page and emails/ newsletters is a highly effective way of getting more leads.
- It is important to know what kind of video you want to get your marketing strategy before you invest in video marketing for your brand.
- Utilize user-generated content to strengthen your brand’s popularity.
- Video thumbnail and SEO keywords are also crucial aspects of the video marketing strategy.
- To understand and evaluate the effectiveness of your video marketing efforts, you can use analytical tools like Google Analytics or the free tools usually available on video hosting sites.
- Determine the number and length of videos you will need for your video marketing strategy before moving forward with other aspects of the campaign.
- It is important to draft the video script well to prevent delays in later processes like production.
The top effective business to consumer marketing strategies includes- paid media ads, internet marketing, email marketing, direct sell, point of purchase marketing, conversational marketing, co-branding, cause marketing, and earned media or PR.
Besides video marketing, social media marketing is a highly successful form of marketing these days. Social media marketing is viral with many people with an active social media presence.
Video marketing is a critical asset in any brand’s content strategy today. Some of the essential benefits of video marketing are:
1. Grow revenue
2. Rank higher in search engines
3. Boost conversions
4. Increase website traffic
5. Generate more backlinks
6. Establish trust between the buyer and the brand, etc.
Some commonly used video marketing methods are creating educational videos, company culture videos, product videos, and video testimonials.
The 4 Ps of marketing are- place, price, product, and promotion. The right balance of all these elements creates the right marketing mix.
The 7 Cs define marketing: clients, convenience, competition, communication, consistency, creative content, and credibility.
In this blog, explore the golden rules of using AI marketing tools so you can leverage the benefits to their maximum potential.
In this blog, you’ll learn how to avoid the pitfalls of SEO over-optimization while enhancing your site’s performance.
In this article, we’ll take a look at what AMP is, its advantages and disadvantages, and how it affects SEO.
Get your hands on the latest news!
9 Key Strategies To Increase Twitter Reach
10 Brands That Excel In Localization
Post-Sales Content Marketing Strategies To Engage With Your Customers