Social media marketing is the strategy adopted by companies to leverage the power of social media when it comes to promoting brand visibility. It allows them to engage directly with current customers, giving them an upper hand while trying to retain them. Social media marketing also allows brands to build awareness about their new products… Continue reading 13 Most Inspiring & Powerful Social Media Quotes for Marketing
Social media marketing is the strategy adopted by companies to leverage the power of social media when it comes to promoting brand visibility. It allows them to engage directly with current customers, giving them an upper hand while trying to retain them. Social media marketing also allows brands to build awareness about their new products and services and increase their market outreach.
Social media is a very powerful marketing tool. Many people try to leverage these platforms but fail to engage the right strategy. Here are a few powerful social media quotes on marketing that will unfold the true meaning and power of this marketing channel:
Famous Quotes About Social Media Marketing Benefits
- “A large social media presence is important because it is one of the last important ways to conduct cost-effective marketing. Everything else involves buying eyeballs and ears. Social media enables a small business to earn eyeballs, ears.”
— Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist, Canva
- “When pitching to press outlets, you need to help drive traffic through social media to make it worth the effort of PR professionals. In addition to traditional outlets, publications are now generating traffic from native content within social platforms. So, if you want to engage with the members of the press and PR professionals of today, you need to analyze their social media pages to understand what kind of content they are sharing — before pitching.”
— Ryan Bonnici, CMO at G2 Crowd
- “It is a dialogue, not a monologue. Some people do not understand that. Social media is more like a telephone than a television.”
— Amy Jo Martin, Author of ‘Renegades Write the Rules’
- “We get to live in a time where we get to use social media as a tool. It is not just a face on a piece of paper, and that is what makes you someone’s favorite model. We can have a very similar sense of humor as someone and that is why we are their favorite model, or our personal style, off the runway, is why we are their favorite.”
— Gigi Hadid, Fashion Model
- “Content is fire. Social media is gasoline.”
— Jay Baer, Author, and Inspirational Marketing Speaker
- “A lot of people who are social media stars are not considered to be real stars, and people underestimate the amount of work it takes to edit and upload a video every single day and document your life like that.”
— Shawn Mendes, Singer
- “Social media is not just an activity. It is an investment of valuable time and resources. Surround yourself with people who not just support you and stay with you, but inform your thinking about ways to WOW your online presence.”
— Sean Gardner, Forbes Social Media Power Influencer, AI Specialist
- When I hear people debate the ROI of social media, it makes me remember why so many businesses fail. Most businesses are not running marathons. They are playing the sprint. They are not worried about lifetime value and retention. They are worried about short-term values.”
— Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia
- “You have to stop doing what everyone else is doing. Listen to your gut, go in a new direction, do something you have never done before. Learn from the best. Success is yours if you go in your own direction.”
— Amanda Weinraub, Business Owner, Social Media Manager, Web Designer
Trendy Social Media Quotes From Experts on the Power of this medium
- “Importantly, companies are using social media to do things that go way beyond just chatting up existing customers on Facebook. Sales departments use social media to nurture leads and close sales. HR posts job openings and vets applicants. COmmunity and support squads mine networks, social media blogs, and forums with deep listening tools.”
— Ryan Holmes, Canadian Businessman, and philanthropist
- “One of the great things about LinkedIn is it is not the same kind of networking that happens in conventions, where you are wearing a name tag, trying to meet strangers, and awkwardly trying to make small talk. LinkedIn is networking without the pressure.” – Melanie Penola, Senior Staff Writer, LinkedIn
- “In 2004, good SEO made you remarkable on the web. In 2014, good SEO is the result of you being remarkable on the web.” – Rand Fishkin, Founder of Moz.
- “Don’t use social media to impress people. Use it to impact people.” – Dave Willis, Author & Speaker.
Finally, your social media marketing strategy will be as good as you make it to be. At the end of the day, it depends a great deal on your own engagement and analysis and how you use them to improve your strategies.
How Does Social Media Marketing Work?
Social media has truly revolutionized the way people communicate and keep in touch with each other. Societal norms, behaviors, and critical interpersonal traits are now developed organically based on how one engages on social media. It has brought in an entirely new genre of connecting to other people be it for marketing purposes or just to keep in touch.
With social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram taking off, businesses have also started taking notice of the power of these platforms as outreach and marketing channels. Through social media marketing, companies have started expanding their businesses rapidly to unthinkable extents. Social media marketing has made it possible for customer retention without having to shell out tons of money for additional advertising. The main reason for this is the fact that social media has the power to influence and even alter consumer behavior.
Through social media marketing, communications verticals in small and big companies are able to deploy a wide range of strategies to promote their brand and increase visibility. These websites facilitate the in-depth analysis of demographic and geographical choices, personal interests, and preferences, which in turn, help businesses alter their product strategies. No wonder, it is so easy for companies to accurately feel the pulse of the customer.
The Key Pillars of Social Media Marketing
The success of social media marketing rides on the success of 5 key components:
- Advertising: Social media ads are a great way to boost your posts and make the brand more visible.
- Publishing: Content planning and marketing help you to decide what your social media marketing strategy will target. It helps to bring uniformity in the messaging.
- Strategizing: Before you do anything, have a robust plan and strategy in place. It is important not to jump into action without first doing this.
- Analyzing: Just engaging in social media marketing will do you no good if you do not analyze its impact and change your strategy accordingly.
- Listening: The biggest advantage of social media marketing is that it helps you identify user patterns and monitor customer activities. As a business, you need to be able to listen in order to capitalize on this.
Social media marketing quotes are often used to convey a message in the shortest and catchiest way possible. Some awesome examples are:
“Social media is not a media. The key is to listen, engage, and build relationships.”
— David Alston
“Engage rather than sell … Work as a co-creator, not a marketer.”
— Tom HC Anderson, market researcher
“By not tweeting you’re tweeting. You’re sending a message.”
“If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.”
— Jeff Bezos, CEO at Amazon.com
“We’re living at a time when attention is the new currency. Those who insert themselves into as many channels as possible look set to capture the most value.”
— Pete Cashmore, Founder of mashable.com
Pro tip: Mastering any one of these platforms can also work the charm!
Social media allows creators and brands to engage with the potential audience who will convert into customers. Platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and even TikTok have proven to blow up many businesses. With a powerful social media marketing strategy, anybody can do the same.
Build long-term and fruitful relationships with experts/clients
Share expertise and monetize on it
Building a personal brand with minimal efforts
Educate and upskill ourselves regularly
Run online businesses/side hustles for extra income with no investments