Table of Contents
- 60 Thought-Provoking Social Media Marketing Quotes
- Key Takeaways
Social media has astoundingly transformed the face of marketing once and for all. With over half the world’s population in social media, social media marketing has become one of the most cost-effective and versatile strategies for businesses. While large businesses and organizations have an experienced marketing team at their disposal, this was not the case for many small businesses.
However, the advent of social media marketing has mixed things up to a great extent. If truth be told, it is safe to assume that marketing will never go back to what it was till a few years ago! These thought-provoking social media marketing quotes prove how this marketing strategy can bring in new possibilities for your brand.
60 Thought-Provoking Social Media Marketing Quotes
Social media quotes
- “We don’t have a choice on whether we do social media; the question is, how well we do it.” – Erik Qualman, American Author of Socialnomics
- “Content is fire, social media is gasoline.” – Ryan Kahn, Founder of The Hired Group and Author of Hired
- “Social Media is a commitment, not a campaign.” – Stuart Davidson, Senior Director of International Marketing, Exterro
- “What happens on social media stays on Google forever.” – YourSocial
- “Two-thirds of social media’s potential value lies in improving collaboration and communication within and across enterprises.” – McKinsey & Co.
- “Online is old news. Online in social media is today’s news… Social media is not a subset of the internet. Social media is the internet.” – Sean Case, Nielsen Social President
- “Maybe don’t call it social media. Just be human and tell your story.” – Gary Vaynerschuk, Chairman, VaynerX
- “Social media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people, and the people will provide for you.” – Matt Goulart, Founder, Ignite Digital Canada
- “If you think it’s expensive to hire a social media professional, just wait until you hire an amateur.” – Stuart Davidson
- “Social Media is one area of business where you don’t need to outspend your competitors in order to beat them.” – Hal Stokes, Owner, Albion Self Storage
Social relationship quotes
- “Social media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.” – Brian Solis, Digital Analyst, Speaker, and Author.
- “Technology does not run an enterprise, relationships do.” – Patricia Fripp, Hall of Fame Keynote Speaker, Executive Speech Coach, Sales Presentation, and Online Learning Expert
- “It’s not who you know in social media. It’s how well you maintain and strengthen your relationships.” – Stuart Davidson
- “Engage, Enlighten, Encourage and especially…just be yourself! Social media is a community effort, everyone is an asset.” – Susan Cooper, Social Media Strategist at BuzzEdition.
- “We have technology, finally, that for the first time in human history allows people to really maintain rich connections with much larger numbers of people.” – Pierre Omidyar, Technology Entrepreneur, Software Engineer, and Philanthropist.
- “You can have everything in life you want if you will help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar, American Author, Salesman, and Motivational Speaker
- “Social media will help you build up loyalty of your current customers to the point that they will willingly, and for free, tell others about you.” – Bonnie Sainsbury, Owner, Cracking the Code Site
- “Social media has given us this idea that we should all have a posse of friends when in reality, if we have one or two really good friends, we are lucky.” – Brené Brown, American Research Professor, Lecturer, Author, and Podcast Host
- “People are scared to have a strong opinion because, with social media, almost everyone lives the life of a celebrity.” – Dominic Richard Harrison, known professionally as Yungblud, is an English singer, musician and songwriter.
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama, an American Attorney and Author and previous first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017
- “Nothing sticks in your head better than a story. Stories can express the most complicated ideas in the most digestible ways. – Sam Balter, Senior Marketing Manager-Podcasts, HubSpot
- “Conventional marketing wisdom long held that a dissatisfied customer tells ten people. But… In the new age of social media, he or she has the tools to tell ten million.” – Paul Gillin, Author, IT Journalist, B2B Content Strategist
- “Social marketing eliminates the middlemen, providing brands the unique opportunity to have a direct relationship with their customers.” – Bryan Weiner, CEO of Profitero, 25 year+ digital/tech entrepreneur, CEO and Board Member
- “Word-of-mouth marketing isn’t about giving customers talking points, as if they were brand spokespeople. It’s about delivering an exceptional customer experience that makes customers want to recommend you.”– Deborah Eastman, Vice President, SBU Leader, Platforms & SaaS, Cognizant
- “A man who stops marketing to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time.” – Henry Ford was an American Industrialist, Business Magnate, Founder of the Ford Motor Company
- “The best marketers are always creating relationships. Relationships with customers, brands and other marketers.” – Kurt Uhlir, globally-recognized Marketer, Operator, and Speaker
- “You’ve gotta start with customer experience and work backwards to the technology.” – Steve Jobs was an American Business Magnate, Industrial Designer, Investor, and Media Proprietor.
- “The first rule of social media is that everything changes all the time. What won’t change is the community’s desire to network.” – Kami Huyse, CEO, Zoetica
- “Everyone should build their network before they need it.” – Dave Delaney, Founder and CEO, Futureforth – Corporate Communication and Leadership Training
- “If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.” – Jeff Bezos, an American Entrepreneur, Media Proprietor, Investor, Computer Engineer, and Commercial Astronaut
- “In general, we’re a social network. I prefer that because I think it is focused on the people part of it – as opposed to some people who call it social media, which I think focuses more on the content.” – Mark Zuckerberg, an American Media Magnate, Internet Entrepreneur, and Philanthropist
- “The successful networkers I know, the ones receiving tons of referrals and feeling truly happy about themselves, continually put the other person’s needs ahead of their own.” – Bob Burg, Best-selling Author
- “If you’re not networking, you’re not working.” – Denis Waitley, an American Motivational Speaker, Writer and Consultant
- “The currency of real networking is not greed but generosity.” – Keith Ferrazzi, an American Entrepreneur and Recognized Global Thought Leader
- “Think like a publisher, not a marketer.” – David Meerman Scott, American Online Marketing Strategist and Author of several books on marketing
- “A brand is no longer what we tell the customer it is – it is what customers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook, American billionaire businessman, a co-founder of Intuit,
- “Everything you post on social media impacts your brand. How do you want to be known?” – Lisa Horn, a.k.a. The Publicity Girl
- “People do not buy goods or services. They buy relations, stories and magic.” – Seth Godin, American Author and Former dot-com Business Executive
- “Products are made in a factory but brands are created in the mind.” – Walter Landor was the Brand Designer and the Founder of Landor.
- “We get to live at a time that we get to use social media as a tool.” – Gigi Hadid, American Model.
- “Content doesn’t win. Optimized content wins.” – Liana Evans, VP, Head of Learning & Delivery Enablement, CX Studios
- “Content-based marketing gets repeated in social media and increases word-of-mouth mentions; it’s the best way to gather buzz about a product.” – Marsha Collier, Author, Radio Personality, Podcast Host, and Educator specializing in technology, Internet marketing, and E-commerce.
- “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” – Jon Buscall, Professional Photographer.
- “Social media is just a buzzword until you come up with a plan.” – Felicia Lin, Taiwanese American writer
- “Trustworthy content has a balanced point of view. It asks and answers the right questions. It doesn’t love itself. It tries to inform and educate.” – Steve Farnsworth, Director of Demand Generation and Marketing, cPacket Networks
- “Make your content about your customers, not about you. Make the customers the hero.” – Ann Handley, Digital Marketing Pioneer, Writer, Speaker
Social media information quotes
- “Social media has created a historical shift from the historically powerful to the historically powerless. Now everyone has a voice.” – Sheryl Sandberg, American Business Executive, Billionaire, and Philanthropist
- “Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face on it. – Erin Bury, Founder and CEO at Willful
- “It’s amazing how much information we share in social media, then we wonder why people steal our identity.” – Frank Abagnale, American Author
- “Smartphones and social media expand our universe. We can connect with others or collect information easier and faster than ever.” – Daniel Goleman, Author and Science Journalist.
- “Social media has taken over in America to such an extreme that to get my own kids to look back a week in their history is a miracle, let alone 100 years.” – Steven Spielberg, an American Film Director, Producer, and Screenwriter.
- “Everyone’s like sheep on social media; like, one person starts making noise, and everyone’s like, ‘Hey, yeah!’ and then you got a whole bunch of people making noise at you.” – Earl Sweatshirt, American Rapper, Songwriter, and Record Producer.
- “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.” – Ryan Blair, American Entrepreneur and Author.
More social networking quotes
- “People want to do business with you because you help them get what they want. They don’t do business with you to help you get what you want.” – Don Crowther, Leading Internet Marketing and Social Media Expert
- “You are responsible for everything you post and everything you post will become a reflection of you.” – Germany Kent, an American print and broadcast journalist.
- “You don’t have to post it to prove it.” – Anonymous.
- “Just because you don’t share it on social media, doesn’t mean you’re not up to big things. Live it and stay low key. Privacy is everything.” – Denzel Washington, an American Actor, Director, and Producer
- “A business absolutely devoted to service will have one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.” – Henry Ford.
- With over half the world’s population in social media, social media marketing has become one of the most cost-effective and versatile strategies for businesses.
- By using social media to improve your small business marketing, you can increase the online presence of your business
- It is safe to assume that marketing will never go back to what it was till a few years ago!
- These social marketing quotes will inspire you to up your social media marketing strategy.
Did you know that over half of the world is on one social media platform or the other? Social media allows brands to display their voice and personality. With regular updates, there is no better way to stay in touch with your target audience. It is also one of the best ways to have your finger on the pulse of your audience every minute of the day! Once you get the hang of using the different social media metrics to your advantage, your social media marketing strategy will become child’s play for your brand.
Social media marketing involves using social media platforms to connect with an audience. This is done to build a brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic.
– Social networks
– Social news
– Media sharing
– Community blogs
Social media marketing is one of the fastest-growing careers today with businesses consistently working to grow their online presence.
Unlock the Power of Storytelling in Content Marketing: Connect Deeper with Your Audience through Human Psychology
Discover the power of thought leadership to elevate your brand in the competitive content marketing landscape.
In this article, we’ll explore the advantages of evergreen content in the dynamic landscape of content marketing.
Get your hands on the latest news!
9 Key Strategies To Increase Twitter Reach
10 Brands That Excel In Localization
Post-Sales Content Marketing Strategies To Engage With Your Customers