Table of Contents
- 13 Best Blog Post Content Template Designs You Should Consider for SEO
- Key Takeaways
Blogs are one of the longest-running and more critical forms of content on the internet. They add value to your website and help enhance Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
If you are new to content writing, you’d naturally want to know the best blog post content templates to drive traffic or the most popular blog article templates for your page. While you must consider before choosing blog post template designs for your website, focus on churning out relevant content for your audience. Here are some simple blog post templates that will make it easier to write blogs.
13 Best Blog Post Content Template Designs You Should Consider For SEO
Are you looking for the best blog post template design to attract more readers to your site? We have listed 13 top blog article template designs for you in this guide.
1. The ‘how-to’ blog format
The how-to blog is one of the most commonly used blog post content templates in the content creation arena. They are articles that directly address a product, service, or problem they can solve. These blogs are usually specific to the domain or the brand itself.
Some blog article templates for the how-to format for blog writing are ‘How to install a software?’ or ‘How does SEO help your website?’ Or ‘How to calculate interest on a loan?’
Advantages of ‘how-to’ blog post format
- The how-to blog post format is highly audience-specific and generates a lot of traction with the target demographic.
- Provide in-depth knowledge about the product or the domain while keeping the readers engaged in your products.
- Such blogs establish your brand as a subject-matter expert while making your site a helpful guide to attract users.
‘How-to’ blog post format template
- Introduction: Introduce the problem and explain why users find this process tedious or difficult to resolve.
- Context: Explain the context of the problem, the cause, the commonly experienced method, etc. Also, use these sections to provide examples or statistics to explain the issue further.
- Steps to achieve progress: This section makes most of the ‘How-To’ blog post template design. Break the process into easy-to-understand steps and explain them to your users. Use the help of photos, infographics, videos, or other visuals to enhance the explanation. This section also gives brands a chance to plug their products as a solution.
- Conclusion: In the conclusion, explain how to determine that a problem is resolved and provide a Call to Action (CTA) to your product.
2. A detailed case study
A case-study-style blog post content template is an in-depth study of specific and niche subject matter. This blog article template usually holds all the facts, data, and figures to provide end-to-end details on a subject.
Some blog post template designs for the case study format for blog writing are ‘A study on regional users on the platform’ or ‘The emerging digital marketing trends in 2022.’
Advantages of case study blog post format
- Provide a data-first approach which is a valuable form of content writing.
- Allows a lot of opportunities to add links and clicks.
- Loaded with statistics and facts that other blogs might use as a resource, thus, diverting traffic back to your website.
Case study blog post template design
- Overview of the subject: The overview presents facts before the study, the reason for the study, and the people and sources involved in making this possible.
- Introduction: This section of the blog post content template introduces the study or the case. Explain the steps, experiments, and research that back this case study. Address who this study will help, the players involved, and what problem it resolves.
- Analytics and examples: This would make up the meat of the case study. Show all the facts and data in detail. Ensure they are backed by statistics, images, graphics, and supporting links.
- Inference/takeaway: The takeaway should ideally be the learning, insights, and blog summary.
3. An essay
The essay is one of the most accessible and organic blog post content templates. Such blogs are usually based on a single topic and cover them in a creative story-like manner. Like a narrative, these also contain a defined start, middle, and end.
An ideal example of an essay is any editorial article seen in magazines or newspapers. These could be on general everyday topics or guest posts written on trending subjects.
Advantages of essay blog post format
- Resonate with loyal users.
- Has high shareability value since they are based on trends and current subjects.
- Easier to read and create; possible to outsource or invite guest writers.
Essay blog post template
The ideal blog post template design for an essay-style blog would be an inverted pyramid structure. This is a standard blog post template design used in most journalistic writing. The start of the passage is called a lead and provides an overall summary of the story.
After that, the narrative is built to give a meaningful conclusion. It’s a simple format yet hard to master.
4. A vs. B
A vs. B blog post template design highlights, compares, or differentiates two articles (or products). This is the ideal blog article template for showing the strengths of two products side-by-side. These blogs are directed at users in the ‘consideration segment’ of the marketing funnel. As a brand, you should ensure the blogs slightly lean in favor. Some blog post title templates for this blog design are ‘Beer vs. Whisky: Better for summers’ or ‘Product-A vs. Product-B: The choice of Pros’, etc.
Advantages of A vs. B blog post format
- Very easy to consume for the end-users and highly searched.
- They provide a wholesome picture while giving your products a subtle upper hand.
A vs. B blog post template design
- Introduction: Provide an overview of the topic and the domain of the products. Explain the significance of the products and the reason behind the comparisons.
- Explain A; with Pros and Cons: Give a detailed study of the Subject-A. Explain in as much detail as possible about the product, the features, the qualities, the reviews, and much more. Also, create sub-headings if needed, such as advantages, disadvantages, etc.
- Explain B; with Pros and Cons: Cover the same headings or topics for Subject-A.
- Key comparison and takeaway: Once you have given a detailed summary of the two subjects, make a comparison and state the final verdict. This blog article template allows you to sway the opinion in your favor. Ensure that you provide essential details about your products in the relevant sections.
The listicle is one of the most popular blog post content templates. According to an OptinMonster report, 36% of readers prefer list-based headlines. These blogs are made up of a list of hearings and usually contain a number in the title. These lists aim to draw users’ attention with an easy-to-read blog and provide a CTA at the end.
Some listicle blog article template titles are ‘50 cities to see in Spain in 2020’ or ‘10 hacks about your phone.’
Advantages of listicle blog post formats
- Popular blog article format and known to get the most number of clicks on social media.
- Easy to understand for the user; create for the brand.
Listicle blog post format template
- Introduction: A quick overview of the nature of the list and what problem the list will resolve.
- List: This would make the central part of the blog. Add each of the tiles as sub-headings to get the best structure. Support each of the sub-headings with examples, data, and images/graphics.
- Conclusion: It should contain a clear CTA with a link.
6. Beginner’s guide
The beginner’s guide blog post content template provides insight or knowledge about a tool, product, or brand. These blog article templates are intended for ordinary readers. Think of these as starting-stage guidebooks that help the users play a troubleshooting guide or FAQs.
Such blogs should be direct, filled with knowledge and genuine details that solve the pain points of the end-users. Some blog post title templates for the beginner’s guide blog post template designs are ‘Your complete guide to setting up wifi’ Or ‘Beginner’s guide to Social Media Marketing.’
Advantages of beginner’s guide blog post format
- Blog post content templates that are tailor-made to a very niche audience. Works as excellent top-of-the-funnel content marketing.
- Helps you build credibility for your brand and aid new users.
Beginner’s guide blog post template design
- Introduction: Explains the end-user’s problem point and gives an overview of the main topic at hand.
- Background: Gives back-story about the product/topic of the blog. Sets context about problem-solving before the use of this solution.
- The Guide: This blog post content template section contains all the insights and information. Break them down into subheadings to help the users understand each aspect. Use data points, images, and graphics to enhance the reader’s experience.
- Giveaway: Use a CTA to drive the point home or lead them to more helpful links and suggestions.
The survey-based blog post content template is very similar to case study-style blogs but only covers the fundamental or nascent aspects. They are more data-and-analytics driven; rather than elaborate narratives.
Some blog post title templates for the survey-based blog design are ‘On-In-Ten people have an infection in this area’ or ‘Here is why 50% of people are going to the Maldives this summer.’
Advantages of survey-based blog post format
- Help to give very click-worthy titles.
- Filled with stats and figures, making it an excellent page for others to use as a source. This helps your site gain a lot of traffic.
Survey-based blog post template
- Overview or cause: Establishes the reason for the survey, the basis of the task, and who can benefit from this.
- Data points: Shows each data point or research statement as a different sub-heading. Take an in-depth look into each of them and cover all the aspects. Take the help of graphics, images, tables, etc., to prove your point better.
- CTA: Reveals the survey’s final results and how they will affect the problem at hand.
- Citations: Provide a list of links, people, websites, or sources that could add authenticity to your blog. This will be critical in case another blogger reuses the survey data.
8. ‘What is’ articles
This blog post content template remains at the bottom of the list because of its low click-through rate. However, the ‘What is’ format for blog writing makes for incredible back-linking or base pages.
Some blog post title templates for the ‘What is’ blog design are ‘What is a blog?’ or ‘What is the most popular page on Instagram all about?’
Advantages of ‘what is’ blog post format
- Helps to get on the ‘people also asked’ sections of the Google search.
- Helps increase the SEO of the page.
‘What is’ blog post template design
- ‘Introduction: Keep this part of the blog as short as possible. Use it to explain the tile and give any context if needed.
- Topic: Address the main heading of the title. Use this to dive into the primary keyword as much as possible.
- Related topics: Based on the other searched results, answer some of the frequently asked questions or other suggestions on the homepage of Google under the “people also asked” segment.
- Conclusion: Add suitable CTA share links to other blogs.
9. The myth debunker
Controversy and debates are the surest way to get people talking about your site. This is why this blog article template is one of the most on-demand article templates. It creates buzz around your post and attracts traffic to your page. Whether people agree or disagree with your blog, they are likely to spend a reasonable amount of time on the page.
Besides, many readers are likely to comment on the post with their opinions and start discussions, making this blog writing template quite popular.
Advantages of the myth debunker blog post format
- Interesting to read and highly informative.
- Blog article template that allows you to display your expertise in the field.
- Adds value to your blog.
Myth debunker blog post format template
- Heading: It’s essential to have a catchy headline that highlights the myth you will be debunking. This headline is what will draw audiences to your post, so make it clever and crisp.
- Introduction: Your introduction should give a gist of the content that lies ahead. It should be precise and intrigue the readers. We recommend starting with a strong hook that will grab the reader’s attention.
- List of Myths: The list of myths you will be debunking forms the central part of your blog post content template. You may start by giving a brief background explanation of the myth before debunking it. Remember to supplement all your claims with data and statistics from reputable sources. Once you’ve done this, give your readers an alternative – what they should believe in or follow instead.
- Conclusion: In the conclusion, you should round up the discussion and highlight the main points. You can provide a brief recap of the myths and reiterate that the information you have provided is accurate (with data). The conclusion must also contain a CTA or call-to-action.
10. Expert roundups
Expert Roundups aren’t as popular as some of the other blog post content templates on our list but are still esteemed for the valuable, expert-backed opinions it provides to the readers.
They closely resemble ‘how-to’ and list posts in structure and tone since the search intent is usually informational. However, it focuses on curating a comprehensive blog post on a particular topic with opinions from different experts.
Some blog post title templates for the expert roundup blog design are ‘30 experts detail the most effective ways of attracting traffic for your page’ or ‘Building an online presence: 21 experts weigh in.’
Of course, you will be required to reach out to different experts on the matter, do brief background research on them, and decide if they are the best fit for the blog post.
Advantages of expert roundup blog post format
- Excellent blog post article template for linking to different websites and building link equity.
- A reliable source of information.
Expert roundup blog post template
- Title: The headline should preferably include the targeted term as naturally as possible. For instance, if you are writing a post on the best SEO tools, the headline should be ‘Best SEO tools: 21 Experts Interviewed.’
- Introduction: Keep your introduction as snappy as possible, with short paras, target keywords, and a clear CTA. In addition, you can include a bulleted list of what the readers can expect.
- Choose the Experts: You can use internal jump links to give the readers the opportunity to view specific opinions. This makes your content more readable and exciting. If popular names in your industry show up on the list, people would like to read their opinions first.
- List: This will be a significant part of the post. Divide your post into subheadings with the expert’s name, designation, headshot, social media accounts, etc. You can insert any quotes or other relevant information in this section but keep the paragraphs short.
- Conclusion: Give a summary of the post and try not to be too sales-y. However, remember to reiterate the CTA so that the readers can make a decision before leaving the website.
11. Pillar posts
The pillar blog post content template is often confused with ‘what is’ and ‘how to’ posts. While the intent is informational in all three, pillar posts are touted as the ultimate source of information on a particular topic.
It links to several cluster posts on your page and delves further into any sub-topic you mentioned on the pillar post. These cluster posts have hyperlinks that go back to the original pillar post.
For example, you might write a pillar post on content marketing. This is a vast topic that can link out to several cluster posts on different aspects of content marketing such as blogging, social media posts, etc.
Advantages of pillar blog post formats
- Blog article template that provides in-depth information.
- Have excellent longevity since they are highly structured
- Attracts traffic for multiple pages on your site via the cluster model.
Pillar blog post template
- Headline: Your headline should be crisp yet clear. It should broadly categorize the topic of the pillar post and include the target keyword.
- Introduction: Keep your introduction brief and informative. Try to give links to statistics and reassure the readers that the post is worth their time.
- Body: Since pillar posts act as a source of authority ( a sort of master guide), you need to carry out extensive research while writing this blog. The body should contain all the information any reader might need on the topic, combined with visuals, statistics, and any other data. Besides, use subheadings to make the content easier to read.
- Include Links to Cluster Posts: While writing the body of the post, link out to several cluster posts that provide comprehensive information on specific subtopics that come under your main topic.
- Conclusion: Your conclusion should be a few paragraphs long, summing up the post. In addition, you can include a CTA.
12. Newsjacking posts
The newsjacking blog post content template is quite unique as it capitalizes on the current news topics. It gives you the opportunity to get some quick clicks on your blog post. Further, you can include internal links to other blogs on your site and improve the overall traffic on your webpage.
Basically, with newsjacking posts, you can ride on the popularity wave of any trending topic and use it as per your convenience. You may subtly promote your business if you think the news topic is somehow related to your field. However, there’s seldom any scope for promotion with newsjacking posts.
Advantages of newsjacking blog post format
- Builds awareness about your blog or business among readers.
- Easy to write since it’s a trending topic.
- Blog article template that encourages readers’ engagement.
Newsjacking blog post template design
- Title: Make the title very catchy. Remember, there will be several posts on the same topic, and your blog needs to be attention-grabbing to intrigue and hook the readers. If you cannot come up with a powerful title, consider looking through blog post title templates online.
- Introduction: Begin with a strong hook and keep it short. Give a brief gist of the news topic and why it has got everybody talking.
- Talk About the Topic: In the body of your text, you have to talk about the news topic, and if possible, give it a unique angle. A fresh take will make your blog stand out and compel readers to look at other blogs on your website.
- Conclusion: Provide a quick summary of the news in the conclusion and briefly give your opinion. You may also ask the readers to comment on the post with their views to increase audience engagement.
13. Product reviews
Product reviews are exciting and easy to consume content pieces. As per data, around 90% of the readers are influenced by online reviews and make it a point to look through them before purchasing.
Needless to say, writing product reviews on your website from time to time can generate high organic traffic for your page. The blog post content template for product reviews is also relatively easy. You have to keep it simple as everyone looks up product reviews before buying something.
Advantages of product review blog post format
- Makes your page a helpful guide for potential buyers.
- Establishes your blog’s reputation as a reliable source of information.
- Easy to consume.
Product review blog post template
- Title: The title in such cases is pretty simple. You must name the product or tool you are reviewing in the headline.
- Introduction: The introduction can include the name of the product, its primary function, and a summary of how it works.
- Features: In this section, you should highlight different aspects of the product and list its technicalities for your readers. This forms the major part of your post and should be informative yet interesting to read.
- FAQs: Commonly asked questions form an essential part of product reviews and can help answer any queries readers might have about the product.
- Pros and Cons: In this section, you should list out the advantages and drawbacks of the product, preferably in bullet form.
- Final Words: The conclusion of your review should list some key takeaway points and give an unbiased opinion on the product.
- Experiment with different blog post templates to engage the readers.
- Always use subheadings, especially when you are writing long posts.
- Follow the suggested blog post content template for each format.
- Use targeted keywords and a proper meta description for SEO.
- Encourage user engagement via comments.
- Actively promote your blog on different platforms. Each platform has different content needs, thereby likely to have different blog post template design needs.
- Listicles are the most popular blog article template, owing to its comprehensive and easy-to-read nature of delivering information.
While all these blog post content templates are incredible in their own ways, try to mix and match the blog article templates for better traffic results on your blogs. Don’t just overload content with one type of blog post template. Make a posting calendar with all these blog post template designs and stick to it for the best results. Choosing the best blog post template is crucial if you want to attract more readers and garner higher organic traffic for your site,. So, get going!
There are several promotional strategies that can improve your blog’s readership, the primary one being to choose a suitable blog post content template. Some of the other notable methods to increase blog traffic are:
1. Writing consistently. You need to keep pushing out content to increase your readership.
2. Using target keywords and internal links. However, do not compromise writing quality in favor of putting keywords. Make your content easy to read.
3. Promoting the content on social media. There are different design templates for social media posts. If you do not get shares and retweets, your audience won’t grow.
4. Including infographics and visuals in your posts. You will receive more engagement on social media by posting visually appealing blog post content templates.
5. Writing catchy headlines and meta descriptions. Your introduction is also a crucial part of your blog post design to grab the reader’s attention.
6. Following proper format for blog writing. As we mentioned before, choosing and maintaining a proper blog post content template is one of the most crucial aspects of content marketing.
Blogs written on topics such as food, fashion, lifestyle, travel, pets, etc., garner high traffic since these are highly relevant topics that attract readers from around the globe. Try to include images and visually appealing content in your blog post content template for higher engagement.
It’s essential to hook the readers so that they keep coming back to your site. You need to make your blog user-friendly and easy to read. To make your blog more attractive, you can choose a suitable blog post content template from the plethora of free blog post templates available online. In addition, we recommend using subheadings in your blog article template and keeping the paragraphs short to improve readability.
A blog post content template allows you to structure your content methodically and make it easy to consume. Blog article templates also improve content readability. As such, it helps drive more traffic to your webpage and increases awareness about your business. It is important to choose the best blog post content template to see better results on social media
For one, you have to decide on a solid title, preferably once that includes the targeted keyword. Then, you have to include a crisp introduction, followed by the body of the blog, which is divided into smaller sections using subheadings. Your heading and introduction are two of the essential parts of your blog post content template. At last, you should have a neat conclusion, along with a CTA, if necessary.
Ideally, blog posts should be 2000 to 2400 words. However, not all blogs have the same length. Pillar posts tend to go up to 4000 words, while ‘ how-to’ guides are usually less than 2000 words. While there’s no lower word limit, Yoast recommends 300 words. More than the length of your blog post, it is crucial to format and structure your content on a proper blog post content template.
Listicles are the most popular blog post templates since they break down complex information methodically for the readers. Besides, ‘how-to’ blog content designs and essay content templates are also quite popular. Mix and match different blog post content templates. Do not just stick to one safe option. Your audience would love to read your content in various forms.