Table of Contents
- What is Social Media Marketing?
- Social Media Marketing Tools
- Social Media Scheduling tools
- Social Media Analytics tools
- Social Media engagement tools
- Facebook Manager
Social Media needs no introduction in today’s world. Brands are now spending more on social media to reach their target audiences. The advertising budgets for social media doubled from 2014 to 2016. By 2018, it amounted to more than $89 billion.
People spend 3 to 4 hours a day on different social media platforms for entertainment, learning, gaming, and more. It has become a country in itself. People are now connecting virtually and increasing their network.
Consider Facebook, a social media platform that has over 1.5+ Billion users across the world. This means that one in every five people in the world is using Facebook.
- More than 50% of North Americans use Facebook.
- More than 80% of Americans have a social profile.
- More than 40% of Asians use Whatsapp or Facebook.
With the rise of social media, people are also witnessing psychological implications: The fear of not being near their mobile phones is called “Nomophobia”.
So What Exactly is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing creates and engages your audience on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc. With audience engagement on your social media platforms, you can drive them to your website and increase your business opportunities with more leads.
Whether it’s social media marketing or search engine marketing — the content is the king.
So how many social media platforms do we have right now?
According to Wikipedia, we have over 200+ active social media platforms across the globe, even though we use only a few of them daily.
While posting on social media platforms, it is important to focus on three things:
As more and more people get online, marketers need to engage the audience on multiple social media platforms.
Below are some of the interesting social media stats:
- Currently, there are over 4+ billion social media users worldwide.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform.
- 73% of marketers believe that social media marketing has been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business.
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products.
- 71% of consumers who have had a positive experience with a brand on social media are likely to recommend it to their friends and family.
- 49% of consumers depend on influencer recommendations on social media.
- 500 million daily active Instagram stories are uploaded worldwide.
- 91% of all social media users access social channels via mobile devices.
A Guide to the Best Social Media Marketing Tools
Let us dive deep into different social media marketing tools and how they can help you:
1. Social Media Scheduling tools
With so many platforms to keep your audience engaged, how do you manage your time as a marketer creating and publishing posts on each of them? It is a time-consuming process. Here are some tools that can help you with it:
- Post Planner: A social media scheduler built for engagement
- Feedly: To keep up with the topics and trends in your domain or industry
- CoSchedule: To plan, organise, and execute all your content marketing activities
- Airtable: To integrate all your social media platforms and execute your strategy in one go
- Planable: A social media marketing management tool
Check out these platforms to sync content across your teams and schedule it on social media platforms. These tools will help you with:
- Sharing the content on multiple social media platforms in one go
- Planning and organising your social media calendar
- Scheduling and publishing your content in one go
2. Social Media Analytics tools
Tracking data on multiple social media platforms can be tough. Still, by using the below analytical tools, marketers can easily track the performance of different platforms, monitor social media campaigns, generate reports, track engagement, perform competitor analysis and much more.
- HubSpot: The most popular marketing platform which has all the required resources to implement your social media strategy
- Google Analytics: This needs no introduction, as a marketer Google Analytics is a must-use social media marketing tool
- Curalate: One of the top social media marketing tools to connect visual content to products and services
- BuzzSumo: To discover content ideas, insights, and influencers.
- TapInfluence: An opt-in marketplace of content creators and influencers
3. Social Media Engagement tools
One of the most important reasons to put your brand on social media is to acquire an engaging audience. Several social media marketing tools can help you track engagement on your social platforms, see your brand mentions, and assign team members to resolve specific audience queries on the platform.
- Consider collaborative tools
- Review management systems
- Task management and tagging tools
This one is an all-in-one best social media marketing tool for your social media strategy that also helps improve customer experience. With chatbots in place, you can use Facebook Manager as a social media marketing tool to plan your strategy and keep engaging with your audience.
According to Social Bakers, Facebook has a 10x higher viral reach than any other platform, while video content generates 1200% more shares.
With an increasing focus on video formats, engaging the audience with quality video content is important. Animoto can help create awesome content and capture the audience’s attention. It is one of the few best social media marketing tools equipped with templates, themes, and stock music.
According to data gathered by Venngage, over 40% of marketers say that infographics were among the most engaging forms of visual media.
According to the Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs, creating visual content is one of the top priorities for marketers. Over 50% of marketers surveyed intend to add it to their future marketing efforts.
For B2C businesses, the top priority is to create engaging content which is visually appealing and understandable. And what can be better than infographics to engage with your customers?
Use this social media marketing tool to create visually engaging content and increase the retention rate of your customers.
It is one of the best social media marketing tools a marketer can have to create visually engaging content. Canva offers a range of free and premium designs which can be used to create social media posts, images for blogs, Ebooks, presentations, photo collages, videos, etc.
SocialOomph is a type of social media marketing tool that can help you increase your social media productivity. Among various Twitter marketing tools available, this one lets you manage your Twitter account more efficiently. It’s simple to schedule updates and keep track of your social media activities on it.
You may also work on drafts and come back to them later. You may use this social media marketing tool to keep track of keywords, hashtags, mentions, and retweets.
ContentCal is an excellent social media marketing tool for team collaboration that can assist you and your team produce and publish content. It allows you to design a visual content calendar easily and set up approval routes. It also has 2000+ app connectors, category tags for content management, detailed statistics, and a content centre for storing and sharing content ideas. It’s also one of the most cost-effective social media marketing management tools for small and large teams.
A 14-day free trial is available for their Pro and Company plans. You may use it for free to test out its features.
Kicksta is the app to use if you want to expand your Instagram account organically. This Instagram marketing tool simplifies the process of growing a large organic following on the site. It also automatically engages with your audience’s posts and seeks followers for the accounts you specify.
For best results, choose profiles of influencers, rivals, and other thought leaders in your niche.
For advertising your brand on social media networks, social media marketing tools are really important. This list of top social media marketing tools in 2021 will assist you in creating content, automating posts, and increasing interaction.
Use the best social media marketing tools outlined above to successfully advertise your brand on social media and monitor your ROI. Even if you don’t have a large budget, you can boost your marketing game by using the free tools on this list.
It is also important to remember that as more and more people get online, we will see more tools addressing the market. As a marketer, focus on top social media marketing tools that save time and help you work smartly.
As a business and brand marketer, figure out your target audience and which platform they are most active on. You need not use every social media marketing tool out there. Try new platforms like Medium (the largest blogging website), LinkedIn (professional networking platform to build your network), Tumblr (a microblogging platform, #1 for GIFs) and other influencer marketing platforms like TikTok, Instagram Reels, and more.
Do share your list of favourite social media marketing tools, and how has it helped you save your time?
You can use these tactics to use various Instagram marketing tools optimally:
1. Optimize your profile
2. Create an Instagram strategy by clearly defining your target audience and goals
3. Have a content strategy
4. Engage with your audience
5. Measure your performance
Buffer is the best free social media marketing tool. This application makes scheduling and publishing posts on major social networking networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram a breeze. It has both free and premium options, with the free plan being ideal for those who don’t have many needs.
Instagram marketing tools will help you make the most of the platform to increase your brand’s visibility. They can help you plan, schedule, and evaluate your Instagram posts. Some of the tools might also assist you in increasing conversions.
BuzzSumo, RiteTag, SocialRank, Trendsmap, Sprout Social, ClicktoTweet, Daily 140, and more products are aimed to augment your existing social media marketing management programme or platform.
1. If you’re a frequent Twitter user, FollowerWonk can provide you with a detailed analysis of your data. Because the tool is part of the Moz toolbox, it’s worth checking out if you utilise Moz for analytics reporting.
2. Check out Tailwind and Buffer’s new Pinterest scheduling function if you’re a big Pinterest user.
3. If you want to understand better your clients and community and design enticing social media marketing campaigns, Facebook Audience Insights is a must-have for Facebook users.
The following are the greatest influencer marketing tools to use for your social media marketing: