Table of Contents
- What are SEO Tools?
- Uses of SEO Audit Tools
- Free SEO Audit Tools
- Top 10 SEO Audit Tools in 2021
- How to Monitor Your Website in 2021 Using 10 SEO Tools
- Key Takeaways
SEO auditing is the first step towards understanding the health and performance of your website, including the ranking of keywords, visibility, and driving traffic. Only SEO audits can determine how compatible your website is with search engines.
Unless your website ranks high, organically, on Google or other search engines, it may not be visible online. While paid search is a good option, it limits many businesses because o9f its cost. Moreover, organic growth is steady and lasts longer. Reports indicate that 61% of marketers surveyed said that their sites got more leads after search engine optimization (SEO) caused them to show up more on Google.
What are SEO Audit Tools?
SEO tools can provide you with data alerts that keep you updated on the health and performance of your website. You can use SEO audit tools to identify the weak areas in your website that prevent it from ranking and gaining the required visibility on SERPs. Each SEO tool has a specific application, just like any other instrument you would use has a purpose.
SEO audit tools help you obtain analytics reports and conduct keyword research, which increases rankings. Most importantly, SEO tools can be used by site owners to rank higher in the search engine results, which is crucial for visibility. SEO tools are excellent for optimizing content and analyzing it for keywords.
A range of applications
With these specialized SEO monitoring tools, you can optimize your site for local, mobile, and on-page SEO. Some SEO tools are excellent for conducting research and checking your site’s ranking. You can check your site’s speed using SEO tools and check if the pages are loading quickly enough. Although most of the best SEO audit tools are available for free, you need to know how to use them to get the best out of them.
White label SEO
You can use a white label SEO analysis tool as it enables you to focus on your strengths. It also helps achieve economies of scale, and maintain rigid control over quality. Consider going for a white label SEO analysis tool to get tailor-made solutions. Such a tool will also help generate rank reports, improve customer satisfaction, and boost revenues.
Uses of SEO Audit Tools
SEO audit tools have several uses, more importantly for the appropriate monitoring of your website. Some such uses include:
- Conducting an in-depth analysis of your site’s content
- Improving the content on your website
- Accessing the URL structure and detecting broken URLs
- Some tools suggest ways to improve the performance of your site
- SEO audit tools help rank your website on search engines
- Optimizing your HTML for H1 & H2 headers
- Checking the images on your site for ALT attributes
- Fixing your HTML codes to make them look less messy
- Identifying your keywords and highlighting them
- Deleting frame and iframe lags
- Crawling your website to provide insights on SEO problems
Free SEO Audit Tools
You can use several free SEO audit tools that help you find ways to improve the visibility of your site. At first sight, SEO appears to be a very complex system that cannot be understood by laypersons. However, several free SEO audit tools make it easy for you to implement key SEO metrics and keep measuring them regularly.
Top 10 SEO Audit Tools in 2021
Based on intense research findings, here are the best SEO audit tools to enhance your website’s performance and improve search ranking:
- Plagiarism Checker
- DA PA Checker
- SERPs checker
- Keyword Planner
- Site Speed Checker
- Article Rewriter
- Backlink Checker
- Competitor Analysis
- Robot .txt Generator
Let us examine each to see how they help in enhancing website performance.
1. Plagiarism checker
You can’t afford to publish content that is plagiarized wantonly or unintentionally. The moment Google detects plagiarized content, your site gets noticed, and it can lead to warnings and penalties. If the content appears to be copied from another site, Google promptly penalizes sites publishing such content.
It makes sense to use Plagiarism Checker before publishing any content. Such tools are in use worldwide because they are reliable, fast, accurate, and help websites avoid posting plagiarized content. Using this tool helps highlight plagiarized content, which can be removed to make the content unique and original.
Using a plagiarism checker ensures that your site contains original content, and helps achieve a better ranking on search engines. It is a handy tool that you can download as an app and use even when you are on the go.
2. DA PA checker
If you want to check your domain authority (DA) and page authority using the same tool, you should go for a DA PA checker. This SEO audit tool understands all the algorithms that work to rank SEO.
DA PA checker is a unique tool that continuously monitors a website’s DA. Even more, it is a simple tool that anyone can use. The main purpose of a website is to gain the attention of its visitors and keep them engaged throughout. It is equally crucial for website owners to keep tabs on the competitor sites and learn what sort of content gets posted there.
While DA focuses on maintaining the relevancy of your website to its users, page authority measures your website’s page score. It is essential to get both the DA and PA of your site at the same time if you want to rank your website higher on search engines.
You’ll come across many free DA PA checker tools on the Internet, however, DA PA Checker is one of the best free SEO audit tools that give accurate results for the DA and PA of your website.
3. SERPS checker
Whether you use paid searches or prefer organic searches, you must install a SERPS checker to ensure your website ranks higher and receives more organic traffic, which is beneficial for the site in the long run. The SERPS checker tool helps you gauge the performance of other websites, more importantly, your competitors, and determine the primary keyword they target. Using the same or similar keywords in your content organically helps you drive more traffic to your website.
Generating more leads to your website is good from the conversions point of view, and it is equally significant as compared to ranking on SEO pages. Website owners must keep monitoring their websites for checking the SERPS. You may want to try Serppie, one of the best free SEO audit tools that help you keep track of your site’s performance. Registration is mandatory for receiving updates and other information from time to time on this tool.
You cannot afford to have dull, repetitive content on your website. You need to create unique, precise content that is engaging enough to attract your target audience. Rephrase is one of the best free website audit tools designed to help you use advanced paraphrasing techniques to make your content unique and engaging.
It is based on modern AI technology and is ideal for rewriting content to present as new. It is easy to create fresh content quickly, yet maintain the readability and exclusivity, and present it in an easily understandable format. The tool is adept at restructuring sentences without affecting the essence.
With Rephrase SEO audit tool, you can write blog posts, white papers, case studies, and articles. Additionally, it can help with both your copywriting tasks and your marketing activities. It can also detect plagiarism and help you create unique content that will rank better.
5. Keyword planner
Did you know that using relevant keywords is the primary reason how your website can rank higher on search engines? Moreover, using the best SEO tools like a keyword planner helps you find the appropriate keywords related to your target audience. Using a keyword research tool allows you to identify keyword combinations that help target niche groups. You can use your keyword planner to research relevant keywords for your marketing and search campaigns with one of the best SEO monitoring tools available.
This free SEO analysis tool helps you discover new keywords that are likely to be related to your business and can give you intelligent estimates of the searches you can expect using such keywords. The tool can also give you a cost estimate, which helps you arrive at your budget with remarkable accuracy. Marketers use a keyword planner to estimate monthly searches for a specific keyword, and determine how to use it in the different categories corresponding to your brand.
6. Site Speed Checker
None of the visitors to your website would want to use pages if they respond slowly and take a long time to load. More often than not, a website’s bounce rate increases because of pages that load sluggishly. Google defines bounce rate as any single-page session on a website, and a bounce happens when a user visits a page and abandons their search abruptly without taking any actions.
A site speed checker is one of the best free website audit tools that monitors your website’s speed and determines when it is slowing down. The report generated by the tool helps you focus on making your web pages work faster and prevent users from abandoning your site within a few seconds. The benefit of using this website analysis SEO tool is that it can be used by beginners or any layperson. You may want to check out SiteSpeedBot, available for free on the Internet to check your website’s speed and increase it to get a better SEO ranking.
7. Article rewriter
Creating content is a demanding task that takes up a lot of your valuable time. The challenge lies in coming up with unique ideas for each piece of content, and rewriting comes as a boon to writers. One of the best SEO tools, the article rewriter eases the burden of writing by letting you get inspired by ideas from other writers without having to worry about plagiarism.
One can’t be an expert in all topics, and research is what helps writers in their jobs. The article rewriter helps writers alter the content without affecting the essence and present it with fresh, unique content.
The article rewriter is one of the SEO audit tools that help writers present data differently each time. You no longer need to worry about being penalized by Google for plagiarism as the tool comes up with many versions of the same content, allowing you to choose the best, unique content.
You may want to check out Pre Post SEO, which is free, and lets you create original, rewritten content efficiently without affecting the originality of the copy.
Using this free tool you can:
- Rewrite any amount of content
- You can upload text to paraphrase it
- Users can give one final check before publishing
- Generate original content free of plagiarism
8. Backlink Checker
As the name suggests, the backlink checker is one of the best SEO tools to check and track backlinks from any domain on the Internet. Although engaging content decides how well your web pages perform, the performance of your site can be enhanced through backlinks, as they act as one of the crucial factors for website performance on search engines.
Backlinks play a crucial role in a website’s performance and SEO analysts and specialists must give due importance to this. It is your backlinks that determine the status of your website, and enhance it accordingly. You can find many free backlink checkers on the Internet, and one of the best backlink checkers is Backlink-Tool, available free on the Internet.
9. Competitor analysis
You need to keep an eye on your competitors so you don’t fall behind in your business. You cannot snoop on your competitors to find out what they are up to, so, Competitor Analysis, one of the best SEO audit tools, will help you stay on top of your game.
What’s more, is that you can use Competitor Analysis to sift through tons of data on the Internet, analyze it, and detect if there is any piece of data similar to yours. Keeping an eye on your competitors not only helps you keep updated with what they are up to, but also lets you keep tabs on their activities to check if they are using any data similar to yours. Being aware of the competition helps you tweak your website whenever necessary to get ranked better by search engines with consummate ease.
10. Robot .txt Generator
A Robots.txt is a file created by webmasters who use it to instruct search engine robots how they should crawl this particular website. It is the robots, or the file rather, that decide if any users (read web crawling software) should or shouldn’t crawl any part of the website. Its main application is to prevent the overloading of requests on your site, which can cripple it. However, its purpose is not to prevent Google from evaluating a web page.
You can use a Robots.txt Generator tool to check if the robots.txt files are preventing Google’s crawlers from getting to any of the URLs on your website. Robot .txt Generator is an SEO tool that allows you to sign up for any URL to become a Google bot.
How to Monitor your Website in 2021 Using 10 SEO Tools
You may not be very satisfied with the current performance of your website, and there is always room for improvement. If you feel that your website needs a bit of tweaking you may want to consider using certain website performance measures and SEO data to find the best solutions.
There is a range of SEO tools available and the good news is most of them are free. Although some tools cost money, they are worth using to improve your website’s performance.
Here’s how you can monitor your website in 2021 using these 10 SEO tools:
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Internet Marketing Ninjas
- MOZ Pro Tools
- HubSpot Website Grader
Ahrefs is a robust SEO tool you can use to analyze your website’s structure. You can also use it to generate relevant keywords, ranking profiles, and links to help you make the right content selections.
You can use Ahrefs Site Explorer, a tool that lets you monitor the performance of individual websites on your website. Ahrefs Content Explorer is probably one of the best tools you can use to identify best-performing web pages that rely on relevant keywords and trending topics. Ahrefs Keywords Explorer is useful for determining the click-through rates and search volumes of keywords.
2. Google Search Console
It is a free service provided by Google that you can use to track your website’s traffic and performance. You can also use it to monitor your website continuously, troubleshoot issues, and fix them to enable your site to perform well in Google searches.
Google Search Console is excellent for:
- Crawling errors on the website
- Identifying keywords ranking on your website
- Checking how mobile-friendly your site is
- Checking, clicks, click-through-rates, (CTRs), and other metrics
- Using the URL inspection tool to index your pages on Google
3. Google Analytics
It is the best tool to track traffic to your website. You can do this from your desktop or any mobile device, while on the go. The tool helps you conduct website audits and fix bugs.
The other uses of Google Analytics are to:
- Identify spam traffic and remove them, filter your referral traffic to eliminate fake traffic
- Make a comparative analysis of paid and organic traffic
- Identify the best-performing page on your website and allow others to emulate
- Measure engagement metrics
- Use site content reports for individual web pages
It is an SEO tool that’s adept at measuring entire domains as well as individual pages.
SEMRush can also be used for:
- Comparing your website’s page performance with your competitors’ pages
- Monitoring link building by analyzing backlinks from other sites to yours
- Identifying relevant keywords (to your business and target audience)
- Selecting keywords to use on SEO and PPC campaigns
- Identifying PPC keywords in competitor’s sites and make suggestions
- Using tools to post on social media and for analytics
- Getting suggestions to improve content for better organic traffic
5. Internet Marketing Ninjas
It is an online marketing company offering a bunch of free tools that help compare your website with competitors’ sites. It helps optimize your web pages for keywords and drive organic traffic.
Internet Marketing Ninja tools can be used for:
- Identifying broken links and using its site crawl feature for building an XML sitemap for your website
- Suggesting which images and page links on your website need to be updated
- Assessing the Metadata, text, and internal links on your website
- Comparing your site’s SEO readiness to that of your competitors
- Evaluating the time taken for your web pages to load and display all elements
This Google Chrome plugin helps examine the SEO characteristics of your web pages. The free tool can be useful for checking on-page SEO audits, and for analyzing external and internal links.
SEOquake is excellent for:
- Getting a summary of the performance your links, along with anchor text, URLs, and other links
- Customizing SEO reports to identify data and parameters relevant to your site
- Comparing different domains and URLs to identify relevant SEO factors
- Detecting issues by auditing your site’s SEO and identifying issues highlighted by search engines
- Reporting analysis reports in shareable formats
It is an excellent tool for driving traffic to your Google Ads campaigns. You can also use SpyFu to monitor organic and sponsored ranks on Google.
SpyFu can be used for:
- Identifying and downloading the PPC keywords used by competitors
- Monitoring competitors bidding on Google Ads
- Getting a complete list of competitors’ SEO keywords
- Analyzing your, and competitors’ website and page rating
- Identifying backlinks used by your competitors
- Receiving keyword suggestions and directions for Google Ads
8. MOZ Pro Tools
MOZ Pro Tools is an all-in-one suite of SEO tools that you can use to improve your website’s search ranking. You can explore SEO possibilities with MOZ Pro tools, and use them for creating reports and tracking the progress of your website’s performance.
You can also use MOZ Pro Tools for:
- Crawling websites to analyze more than 3,000 links per URL
- Receiving email reports detailing crawl statistics for web pages
- Receiving insights on factors regarding your websites crawl capacities, and for detecting duplicate content
WooRank is an excellent SEO tool that can be used for getting in-depth site analysis to explore possibilities to optimize and enhance performance.
You can use WooRank for,
- Updating your marketing checklists
- Evaluating the SEO-readiness of your website
- Checking if your website is mobile-friendly
- Verifying the usability of your website
- Checking your website’s readiness for SEO and social media campaigns
10. HubSpot’s Website Grader
HubSpot’s Website Grader is an online application that can be used for generating customized reports on several parameters like,
- Performance: The SEO tool is adept at analyzing the page size, performance, requests, and several such critical SEO parameters on your website
- Mobile readiness: The mobile readiness of your website is critical for reaching over 80% of Internet users who use mobile devices for accessing websites. This SEO tool is excellent for checking the responsive design of your website to determine if it is mobile-friendly.
- SEO: HubSpot’s website grader is useful for checking whether your website is easy to find for humans and bots alike. It considers various factors like meta descriptions and page titles to determine such SEO parameters.
- Security: This SEO tool is excellent for checking security parameters like SSL certificates to establish the legitimacy of your website, and how secure it is for users to part with their personal information.
- Today’s highly competitive business atmosphere makes it imperative for businesses to adhere to the basics of search engine optimization to ensure the excellent performance of their websites.
- Besides the need to keep up with the competition, SEO readiness ensures the visibility of your website and also ensures your content uses the relevant keywords to reach your target audience.
- Reports indicate that 61% of marketers surveyed said that their sites got more leads after search engine optimization (SEO) caused them to show up more on Google.
- SEO tools can provide you with data alerts that keep you updated on the health and performance of your website.
- SEO audit tools help you obtain analytics reports and conduct keyword research, which increases rankings.
Reading this article would have given you a fair idea of the 10 best SEO audit tools, most of them are available for free. These tools are essential for auditing and monitoring your website in 2021. Using these tools helps drive more relevant traffic to your websites, and helps improve your site’s ranking on search engines. Being SEO-friendly also helps increase conversions.
Without using proper SEO audit tools your content cannot get ranked high on search results. You can use any number of SEO tools like the keyword tool from Abrefs to search for the relevant keyword, the most popular SEO tool – Google Search Console, marketing tools from SEMRush, keyword finder KWFinder, Moz Pro, and the keyword tracking tool Ubersuggest.
While there are several SEO audit tools to choose from, you may want to check out SEOmater, one of the best SEO audit tools. Using multiple SEO audit tools makes sense, as most other professionals do, primarily to ensure that all parameters are in place, including both on-page and off-page SEO.
You may want to check out MySiteAuditor, which is one of the best free website audit tools, besides Screaming Fog, which is excellent for getting complete information about a website at one go. WooRank is another free tool that you may want to consider for white-labeling your audits, and you can take free screenshots and save them for future reference.
Any content creator should first check out Grammarly as it helps check grammar, spelling, sentence structure, punctuation, and more. Yoast SEO plugin is another favorite used by most content creators. The SEO audit tool by Contentlook is one of the best SEO audit tools available in the market.
The first thing to do is to crawl your website and follow that by performing a manual Google search and seeking a manual action report. It makes sense to have only one browsable version of your website. Conducting regular on-page SEO technical analysis is a great idea, and so is managing your external and internal links.
Keep checking your site speed regularly and see how quickly your website’s pages load. Additionally, check your off-site SEO. Also, perform regular backlink audits to ensure your site is working optimally.
In this blog, explore the golden rules of using AI marketing tools so you can leverage the benefits to their maximum potential.
In this blog, you’ll learn how to avoid the pitfalls of SEO over-optimization while enhancing your site’s performance.
In this article, we’ll take a look at what AMP is, its advantages and disadvantages, and how it affects SEO.
Get your hands on the latest news!
A Glance at the Future of Digital Marketing
How Netflix India Uses Digital Marketing Strategy To Win Customers
3 Tips to Revive Your SEO Growth Strategy