Article required highlighting the automobiles one should look out for. This is a part of our branding. Should be short yet informative.
This article is penned by a domain expert with experience working with Zigwheels and Carwale.
The automobile industry may not have had a great start to the year 2020, and sales post the three-month lockdown grew at a gradual pace. From two-wheelers to four-wheelers to pre-owned luxury cars, each segment registered a growth in sales towards the year-end. In 2021, car enthusiasts anticipate some major releases. Here’s a list of new car launches worth waiting for this year:
- Tata Altroz XZ Plus Turbo: This entry segment launch is expected at the end of January. The Tata Altroz XZ Plus Turbo comes with a multi-function steering wheel, power-adjustable exterior rear-view mirror, and automatic climate control. The 1199 cc engine is rated at 108bhp and 113Nm of torque. Other features include 90-degree opening doors, a flat rear floor, a stylish wearable key, steering mounted instrument cluster control, and a rear power outlet.
- Renault Kiger: To be revealed in January and launched in March, the 5-seater variant by Renault will have the same engine options as Nissan Magnate. The 1.0-litre naturally aspirated and 1.0-litre turbo-petrol units are also expected to offer an optional AMT gearbox of the Triber like the Magnate. Customers can expect a range of features including a digital instrument cluster, cruise control, push-button start/stop, touchscreen infotainment system, and a 360-degree camera.
- Maruti Swift 2021: The new and upgraded Maruti Swift 2021 comes with a 1.2-litre dual jet petrol engine rated at 90PS (+7PS) and 113Nm of torque. While the new variant has its own set of brand-new features, it is likely to still have 5-speed manual and AMT gearbox options like its forerunners. Other than that, the car may also have a 4.2″ driver’s digital display, touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, auto AC, and LED headlamps with LED DRLs, among other features.
- Tata Safari: Launching this month, Tata Safari will come in two variants – 6 and 7-seater. This Harrier-based three-row SUV is rated at 170PS, and 350Nm fueled with a 2.0-litre diesel engine of the same kind. Apart from its rich look, the model offers an 8.8″ touchscreen with an infotainment system, a JBL sound system, a sunroof, and a 6-way powered driver seat.
- Jeep Compass 2021: Anticipated to be on roads by February 2021, this variant is a 5-seater model powered with 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and 2.0-litre diesel, posing stiff competition to its rivals. The interiors look something like this – a 10.1″ touchscreen infotainment system with FCA’s UConnect 5 system, ventilation-enabled front seats, a 10.25″ digital display for the driver, a powered tailgate, and an electronic parking brake with a 360-degree view camera.
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan: This one is expected to release in February 2021, and pre-bookings have started. Available in petrol, diesel, and AMG variants, the car will take over the previous A-Class hatchback’s position in the market. Some of the most appealing features of this car are a front fascia featuring curved surfaces with soft lines, a minimalist grille, and air inlets. While this is the exterior, the interior is divided between a driver’s instrument display in the front and an infotainment system in the back.
- BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine: This will be an early release, January to be specific, and will showcase a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel rated at 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. It is a lighter yet stronger version of its predecessors. Delivering a smooth driving experience, the BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine has three driving modes – Sport, Comfort, and Eco-pro, each with its own steering and throttle response. Justifying its name, the USP of this car is its noticeable extra legroom that is more than the legroom seen in any other car of its generation.
- Volvo S60 2021: Expected to be launched by the second quarter, Volvo S60 comes with XC40’s 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine rated at 190PS and 300Nm. Some of the anticipated key features of this beauty are 4-zone climate control, 9″ touchscreen infotainment system powered by Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a ‘Bowers and Wilkins’ music system, and ambient lighting. The car will also have an 8-speed automatic gearbox that will take charge of the front wheels on its own.
Are you a car fanatic too? Visit us for more information on four-wheelers and check out which ones are trending across all segments.