Table of Contents
- 5 Ways to Use Video in Your Inbound Strategy
- Key Takeaways
There’s no doubt that video is one of the most effective forms of content that is used by most businesses and marketers today. Given its popularity, you may be already using video in your marketing strategy. Today, video marketing has become even more important, with more and more brands using it in their inbound marketing strategy. A recent study shows 44% of marketers increased their investment in online video content due to the pandemic, as it has proven to be more affordable. Since there’s a great demand for video, it is one of the best forms of content to consider when it comes to your inbound organic strategy.
5 Ways to Use Video in Your Inbound Strategy
Here, we have listed five effective ways to use video in your inbound lead generation strategy.
1. Use video to tell a story
Video content can be used to tell a story. This may include sharing your brand story by creating an interesting video that gives information about your brand origin and mission. You can use it to talk about your products or anything that may interest your audience. Video is a powerful tool that can help to hook your audience and keep them engaged right till the end.
2. Use video to diversify your content marketing strategy
You can use video for any kind of content creation. If you want to create a powerful inbound marketing strategy for B2B or B2C purposes, you should have a wide range of content. Some smart video content ideas include how-to videos, interview videos, testimonials, product demos, and question-and-answer videos. You can even post personalized videos that are tailored to your audience.
3. Use video on landing pages
Studies show that using video content on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%. Videos help increase brand trust and also page views. One of the best inbound marketing strategies that you can use is to include customized videos that appeal to your target audience. Landing pages are the perfect place where you can include video content. It’s also a great place for A/B testing measures, some examples of which are “manual play vs. autoplay”, different lengths of video, and contrasting CTAs.
4. Use video as an explainer
Using the best inbound marketing strategies for your business is important if you want to attract the right customers. You must use video content as an educational tool. Apart from creating engaging content, explainer videos can be used to attract customers and also educate them about your services or products. It’s a great inbound strategy that you can use without directly selling to your customers.
5. Use video as thought leadership content
Another way to use video in your inbound marketing strategy is to create thought leadership videos. These types of videos can increase your brand’s credibility and also add a personal touch to your overall strategy. You can create various videos that feature experts within your specific industry or niche. Repurposing content from webinars or blog posts is another way to go about using video content in your inbound marketing strategy.
- You can use video content to tell a story. This may include sharing your brand story wherein you create an interesting video giving information about your brand mission, origin, or value.
- If you want to create a powerful inbound marketing strategy, you can include video in many ways. Some smart video content ideas include how-to videos, interview videos, testimonials, and product demos. You can even have personalized videos that are tailored to the needs of your audience.
- Landing pages are the perfect place to include video content. They’re also a great place for performing A/B testing.
- Explainer videos can be used to attract customers and also educate them about your services or products. It’s a great inbound strategy that you can use without aggressively selling your product.
- Another way to use video in your inbound marketing strategy is to create thought leadership videos. These types of videos can increase your brand credibility and position you as an authority in your niche.
- Repurposing content from webinars, podcasts, or blog posts is another way to go about video content.
Adding video content to your inbound marketing strategy in different ways will help you improve engagement and increase conversion rates to a large extent. Inbound video creation isn’t too complicated. The rule is to begin by focusing on simple video campaigns and then slowly moving on to more advanced forms of video content. You can start by creating how-to videos or testimonial videos that are easy to make. Once you get there, you can analyze your performance to see what works and what doesn’t, and accordingly tweak your strategy.
Here are a few ways in which you can create an inbound strategy using video.
1. Start with your video goals.
2. Find your target audience.
3. Decide what story you would like to tell your audience.
4. Be creative.
5. Stick to the timeline.
6. Maintain a realistic budget.
Videos help to increase engagement and educate the audience. They also help build brand trust.
Here are some ways that will help you grow your inbound marketing.
1. Get found in organic searches.
2. Use social media well.
3. Use off-site SEO tactics.
4. Use content offers strategically.
5. Optimize high-traffic landing pages.
You can use video content in your inbound marketing strategy in several ways. Some of them are as follows.
1. How-to videos
2. Testimonial videos
3. Landing Pages
4. Sponsored videos
5. Thought leadership
7. Animated ads
The four tools of inbound marketing are: attract, convert, close, and delight.