Artificial Intelligence (AI) has experienced an evolutionary journey since Alan Turing asked the question, “Can machines think?” Many favorable advancements in this arena have already begun changing digital marketing. But can AI play a revolutionary role in content marketing? Can AI replace human writers and marketers completely?
Recently, AI in content marketing has shown great potential. As per a renowned report released in 2017, 51% of marketing professionals are using artificial intelligence, and nearly 27% are thinking of using it in the future.
From business intelligence (BI) to natural language generation (NLG), AI supports content marketing in every way possible. NLG creates rational, coherent text by using AI. BI assists marketers in understanding the importance of content marketing by surveying the user data, assisting marketers in understanding their thought processes in a better manner.
Like many other technologies, AI has become susceptible to glorification and extra criticism. The swiftly developing link between creative content marketing and AI has resulted in many interesting viewpoints, with many people debating in favor of and opposing this coming together.
Role of AI in Content Marketing
The role of AI in content marketing is variable to a great degree. It can help digital marketers understand the overload of data online, speed up the content creation process, and aid in making a successful content strategy, among other aspects.
- Predictive intelligence structures the business operations. It aids companies in understanding the individual demands of customers and customizes content to fulfill their requirements and interests.
- It greatly affects lead scoring – a point system used to regulate potential leads in the buyer journey. Predictive lead scoring lets marketers speed up the sales process by predicting which customers are ideal for converting based on history and past behavior patterns.
- Daily curation of appropriate and arresting content is a dull and monotonous task. But, the existing content marketing strategy is helping in researching the topics trending with the general public. It takes a marked quantity of time and energy to go through the content, let alone content curation, which is both – relevant to the audience’s reading expectations and engaging also. AI assists marketers in creating content for audiences that is relevant in every stage of the marketing channel.
- Algorithms make the data collection process from the target audience a trouble-free one. Once equipped with this knowledge, you can curate and form a relevant content marketing plan that answers queries.
- Among the most important components of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the function of search engines. Over the years, search engines have become more efficient and authoritative in page ranking processes.
- AI’s impact on SEO makes marketers think of the larger picture and how all facets of digital marketing combine and work to meet the end objective of the company. Consequently, extensive strategies, including machine learning, AI, and automation can be used to ensure that every part of digital marketing assists in enhancing page rankings.
- NLP is used in many applications like product descriptions, conversations, and creative text. NLP utilizes deep learning, a subsidiary of NLP used to perceive human dialogue and understand how it encourages humans. NLP is also a part of natural language generation.
5 Ways AI Is Changing Content Marketing
As digital marketing explodes, it offers an excellent opportunity for marketers to expand their horizons. Technology is making significant headway in ensuring a lot can be done efficiently and effectively.
AI has made an entry to help marketers with various avenues, from writing to testing to monitoring their marketing campaigns. According to a statistic, almost 80% of marketers have chatbots as a part of their customer experience strategy in 2020.
Data-driven feedback in content using AI
The digital world allows marketers to learn about their target audience without interacting with them. Using a simple search or data analytics, marketers can notice trending topics, industry catchphrases, and burning issues. But with AI, this entire process can be simplified, quickened, and personalized.
Content Intelligence is the new buzzword in the market, which revolves around using AI to capture customer actions and analyze behavior. Every action can be leveraged to create structured and highly impactful marketing campaigns, producing more focused content and improving desired outcomes.
AI is being used for hyper-personalized content
With data-driven feedback, leveraging these findings to create more personalized content is the next logical step. While marketing channels like social media or blogs use data-driven results for understanding trends and identifying the interests of a particular user group, hyper-personalization helps marketers get more specific or spot-on with their data or content.
Businesses are using several content marketing tools to keep track of consumer behavior, preferences, and actions. But with AI, these touchpoints can be used to create specific user profiles. Brands can leverage this understanding to create unique content, and with AI-based algorithms, every piece of content can be uniquely tailored to create a personalized content piece. This is primarily used in emails or other direct communications. Almost 71% of marketers believe AI is useful for personalization.
AI in quick content generation
Need ideas or help in researching your content? AI can be your go-to assistant. AI content creation can be used to optimize tasks like:
- Content research: Using AI to provide a detailed analysis of a particular subject or reference a specific statement. AI can quickly help you spot trends and analyze data for clear insights. This can greatly improve your overall content marketing strategy.
- Content recommendations: Can AI help you optimize your content and suggest better titles? In the modern era, this is easily possible. Tools like Peppertype.AI can suggest trending topic ideas using just a few keywords.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): AI can help you identify the right keywords and understand keyword rankings. The advanced features of Google Analytics and other tools leverage AI to make keyword suggestions. This plays a crucial role in long-tail keywords, enabling your content to reach a particular and relevant audience.
AI in customer service and interactions
We are used to interacting with machines before the issue is narrowed down and a dedicated service agent takes over. But what if AI controls the entire process without any human involvement?
Gone are the days when support algorithms only provided recorded messages; now, AI-based chatbots can even interact with humans in perfectly understandable language, thanks to the power of NLG. The global Natural Language Generation Market is expected to grow threefold by 2023.
24/7, instantaneous responses are now a must-have, and AI-based chatbots can get this done quickly. From websites to social media messengers to apps, they’re everywhere. And you won’t be able to detect whether it is a real person or a robot you’re interacting with.
AI is being used to improve content accuracy
One simple grammatical error or a misplaced word is all it takes to destroy your brand image. With massive content being created, human proofreaders and editors have a strenuous job at hand. Not only do they have to make updates to match expectations and guidelines, but a simple miss in identifying a language error, spelling mistake, or grammatical lapse can also lead to huge risks. The process can be time-consuming.
AI enables humans to get a second pair of eyes on important documents, articles, and even emails. While manual proofreading is still a must-have, an AI-based tool can help detect grammatical errors, complex sentence construction, and spelling mistakes instantly.
A Reliable AI-Powered Tool for Content Marketers
Ready to make AI your content marketing assistant? While it still needs human supervision, AI content creation can help you in many ways. It is beneficial for professional writers suffering from ‘writer’s block’. AI can help you get started and provide options to work on.
If you want to try out such an AI-based tool, Peppertype.ai can be a great choice. With Peppertype.ai, you can leverage the power of AI to make your life easier in more ways than one. Some of the things you can do with Peppertype.ai:
- Blog ideas (titles)
- Google ad copies (title and description)
- Facebook ad copies
- Website headlines
- Social media captions
- LinkedIn thought leadership
- Tweet ideas
- Growth hacks
- Marketing ideas
For more details, check out Peppertype.AI and begin your content journey now.
Content that is AI-generated will make the role of marketers easy and meaningful – any marketing mogul who has frowned upon assigning 50 pages of product or area-based content to a writer understands this well. Pages that are repetitive have the capacity to unravel even the most proficient writer’s brain. No need to waste time, resources, and money on what a smart algorithm can really do.
Brands with optimal marketing and branding strategies have a definite identity. The approach is built around communicating the identity successfully and some effective content marketing tips. Content marketing 2021 is leveraged to touch base with those who have that common identity.
Owing to AI’s ability to collect data and give it to you in good writing, you are free to utilize your creativity.
Formulating a good strategy is a very personal process. It is about understanding human requirements and satisfying those on a one-to-one level. An excellent approach can be found between the brand values and the audience’s values, which is a feature that a machine cannot duplicate.