20 Digital Marketing Statistics Everyone Should Know About
Table Of Contents
- 20 Digital Marketing Statistics
- Key Takeaways
It’s difficult to think that in less than a decade, digital marketing has progressed from a fledgling sector to something that is becoming a cornerstone of the whole modern corporate world. It may be one of the most significant sectors for many organizations and marketers today.
In this article, we’ve created a list of 20 digital marketing statistics that everyone should be aware of if they want to stay relevant in today’s fast-paced world.
- The digital advertising spending worldwide in 2020 was 378.16 billion US dollars, and it is estimated to be 455.3 billion US dollars by the end of 2021.
- As we head into the future, about 42% of marketers and agencies expect to increase their budgets for digital marketing each year.
- The most popular social media platform in the world is Facebook, with 1.79 billion users and more than 1 million active advertisers on its platform.
- Social network Twitter is particularly popular in the United States, whereas in October 2021, the microblogging service had an audience reach of 77.75 million users.
- Google is the most popular search engine in the world, with over 4 billion users, followed by Yahoo (1.6 billion) and Microsoft’s Bing (over 1 billion).
- 55% of companies are building apps to drive sales, while the remaining 50% are building them to improve the customer experience.
- YouTube is the second most popular website in the world, with 2.1 billion users.
- The global e-mail marketing market was valued at $7.5 billion in 2020 and is projected to increase to $17.9 billion by 2027.
- The average clickthrough rate of email marketing campaigns is over 5%, and the average conversion rate is over 2%. A recent survey showed that about half of all marketers and agencies found that email remains more effective than social media marketing.
- According to digital marketing statistics 2021, 71% of organizations claim they use real-time analytics to better their operations. Only 25% of those companies say they use them for content marketing.
- Creating content that is relevant and fresh helps boost your site’s search engine rankings by 434%.
- Content marketing is more cost-effective than traditional marketing. It gets three times more leads and costs 62% less than traditional search advertising.
- Blogs with videos receive 94% more views than those with text only.
- Only 9% of the companies had a formal editor for their blog posts in 2019. As a result, people are wasting a lot of time on blog posts.
- Only 9% of companies have a formal blog editor. As a result, people are spending less than 37 seconds on each blog post.
- 78% of marketers believe that content creation is where the industry is going. This means that customers will be able to experience one-to-one interactions.
- Pinterest is the number one social media platform for mobile. Its mobile traffic is growing at a fast pace. Mobile users are also less likely to recommend a business if their website is not optimized for them.
- Almost everyone on smartphones uses an app, and only 11% uses standard websites. Facebook is the most popular app, and it shows how much time people spend using it.
- 40% of all mobile users are looking for a local business or an interest.
- Websites with a loading time of fewer than 5 seconds will end up taking up a significant part of a viewing session.
According to digital marketing statistics, it is a multibillion-dollar sector with a plethora of options for intelligent, creative, and driven individuals who want to make a difference in the area. Besides, some key trends will continue over the next several years that can affect your business.
These are the major trends that will shape this industry over the next several years:
- As per the digital marketing statistics, mobile marketing will continue to grow. Mobile devices account for more than 50% of all web traffic worldwide. The popularity of mobile devices will continue to grow. Smartphones and tablets are affordable, convenient, and widely available. They are here to stay.
- Social media continues to grow quickly, primarily because it is so easy to use for businesses and individuals alike. Social media accounts for more than one-third of all new digital marketing budgets at this point and is expected to grow even faster over the next five years than it did over the last five.
- Search engine optimization will remain important, but it will no longer be the largest source of traffic on the web. This is because more and more people are using their mobile devices to search for information on Google and other search engines.
- Display advertising will continue to grow in popularity and represent a significant part of all digital marketing budgets in the coming years. Display ads drive brand awareness and generate leads for their products and services. They are also frequently used to promote new blog posts or webpage content, new products or services, or special promotions such as sales or discounts.
- The top-performing digital marketing channels in 2021 will be video, social media, paid search, and display ads. Video will be the most popular form of content online. Social media will continue to grow, and email marketing and display advertising will remain very popular with marketers and their clients.
- Mobile apps will improve and represent a huge opportunity for digital marketers in the future. Mobile devices will also become an even larger part of our daily lives than they are today. Mobile phones and tablets should account for more than 50% of all web traffic by the year-end of 2021, compared to 2019.
- Digital marketing will continue to transform the way companies do business in the future. Key areas of growth in digital marketing include mobile, location-based marketing, real-time analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, online auctions, e-commerce, crowdfunding, and virtual reality.
- Digital marketing will continue to be an important part of our everyday lives for years to come. It has become much more than a trivial pastime or occupation for so many people today. The digital world is becoming our new reality in many areas of life. Over half (52%) of all companies expect their budgets for digital marketing to increase next year. This number is expected to rise well above 80% in 2022.
The digital marketing industry is already valued at more than $100 billion annually, but that number will rise to more than $150 billion by 2022. That represents a growth of nearly 50% over just five years!
Key areas of growth in digital marketing include mobile, artificial intelligence and machine learning, real-time analytics, e-commerce, virtual reality, and others. Artificial intelligence and machine learning will have a huge impact on this industry over the next several years. In particular, they should cause a huge surge in demand for search engine optimization.
The primary beneficiaries of the new growth areas in digital marketing should include small and medium-sized businesses, mom-and-pop shops, and career-oriented individuals. Everyone will benefit from the vast growth that is expected in many different areas of this industry over the next several years.
The digital marketing business will increase as new technologies and trends emerge, but a scarcity of trained workers in existing industries may limit the pace during the next 10 years. Another challenge that we may face in the future is the rapid growth of automation and big data.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning will become important driving elements in many various sectors of the digital marketing company over the next several years. A huge increase in search engine optimization services is predicted for 2021.
The predictions for 2022 revolve around artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data. It may also result in improved automation in the industry by then.