Table of Contents
- What is the Content Creation Funnel?
- Key Takeaways
Today, content creation is one of the most important tasks of any marketing initiative. The demand for good content has significantly increased in recent years, especially with the rise of social media platforms to influence and spread awareness about a particular issue, product, service, etc. Individuals strive to read content that satiates their hunger for information and helps them grow.
Now, the important question to ask would be, “How to create content to drive engagement?”
An important phrase that goes around is “quality over quantity,” and this applies to both your choice of friends and content! Humor aside, the content creation funnel is a process that can be followed to help creators create quality content.
What is the Content Creation Funnel?
The content creation funnel is essentially a part of a larger content marketing strategy. It is a process that content marketers use to visualize their customers’ journey before buying a product or service. Every stage of the content creation funnel supports the customer’s journey. And as you improve your content, you push your potential customer closer to making a purchase and becoming a regular customer.
The content creation funnel has three stages: Awareness, consideration, and conversion. As depicted in the image above, the funnel is essentially an upside-down pyramid that denotes the three most important steps to follow while creating content. To make things easier, let’s get to explaining the three components and how they can be applied.
How can you get people to know about you or your product? To create an impact on the minds of your target audience, they need to know that you exist in the first place. Grabbing your audience’s attention is not easy, but you can identify who your target audience is.
Social media is the most popular platform among all age groups these days. It allows you to be as creative as you want to be with your content. After all, creativity knows no boundaries. Now use this access to neverending creativity as your most potent tool to grab attention!
Here are some content types that you can use to get your audience’s attention.
- Images: Images are a great way to grab your audience’s attention. A clean, attractive, well-shot photograph of your product or service can instantly grab your audience’s attention and heighten their interest in reading your content – or at least knowing more about your brand.
- Videos: Videos are a fantastic way to engage an audience. While an image serves to tell them you exist, videos grab more engagement and offer you – as a content creator – much more legroom to convey your message. However, shooting videos can be expensive.
- Blogs: One may think that blogs are a foregone content marketing solution. But, actually, they continue to be in trend. Blogs offer the credible support that your social media marketing and other content marketing efforts need. After all, setting up a social media account and posting information every day is relatively easier than investing time and resources in a blog post. Blog posts also provide relevant information that the audience is looking for and help them realize that you know your stuff when it comes to the niche that your brand or product is in.
- Newsjacking: Got new ideas? News jack. Newsjacking is nothing but the trend of creating content using a current event as the crux. This helps grab attention much faster and boost a brand’s exposure. Take, for instance, the Mannige Mane Hithe song that went viral on Instagram. Every Instagrammer used it to promote fashion, recipes, dances, etc.
- Guest posts: Guest posts are a great way to grab more attention from a new set of potential customers. It is a way to go to your customers if they cannot come to you.
Capturing your target audience’s trust is an important aspect of today’s marketing strategies. If people have faith in you, your product will sell with your name. This will help you establish and build your brand value. The consideration stage involves you building your potential customers’ trust in your brand as a content creator.
- Persistence is the key: Efficient and quality content writing has to be created; it doesn’t just come to businesses right away. Quality content will help you reach people who want to access your product as badly as you want your product to reach them. Thus, persistence is essential, and to build trust, you need to remind your audience continuously and share with them experiences of people who have used your product and are benefitting from it.
- Case studies: Case studies essentially showcase how your product or service has helped your target audience achieve its goals. The moment other customers see a legitimate solution to a competitor or peer, they build more faith in your brand.
- Emails and social media: Today, emails and social media are being used as a primary platform for all types of communications and interactions. These platforms help to reach out to a large number of audiences. Emailers are a great way to build your audience’s trust continuously. Share testimonials, stories, case studies, or even tips to use your service or product through these newsletters. Don’t forget to include a CTA as well.
- Webinars: Webinars are a great way to engage an audience and address their issues in a more face-to-face manner, but collectively. The fact that you are taking the time to invite guests or even just talk one-on-one with an interested audience shows that you really care about what your customers want.
- Fact sheets: Numbers and facts are the backbones of any successful endeavor. People find you more convincing if you have done your research well! A detailed report on the product or service can benefit your audience and provide them with the legitimization of your brand. Providing people with facts that would benefit them will impact them.
This involves retaining customers, and that’s a tough one. Till now, you have created content to attract customers, informed them about how you can keep them satisfied, and made them feel valued. But, making them come back to you and avail of your services and products is another ball game altogether. Here is how you can do it.
- Webinars: Supporting your clients should be a priority to make them feel like a part of the company and appreciate their trust in the brand. Personalized webinars would help increase their trust and truly believe that you want to support them at each step.
- Emails: Emails are of great help to remind your target audience about the brand. Daily reminders about new or existing products that they use will be beneficial for maintaining the customer’s interest in your brand.
- Newsletters: Customer-specific newsletters can be sent every month, informing customers about the new improvements and updates in your product or service would let customers get insights into the brand they use.
- How-to Videos: Some like to read. Some like to watch. Videos can be an efficient way to personalize your brand. Information about specific products can get your target audience hooked. In this ever-changing market, one cannot be sure of what sells, but working with your customers and making them feel valued is a sure-shot path to success.
- The content creation funnel is essentially a part of a larger content marketing strategy. It is a process that content marketers use to visualize their customers’ journey before buying a product or service.
- As you improve your content, you push your potential customer closer to making a purchase and becoming a regular customer.
- The content creation funnel has three stages: Awareness, consideration, and conversion.
- Social media is the most popular platform among all age groups these days. It allows you to be as creative as you want to be with your content.
- Capturing your target audience’s trust is an important aspect of today’s marketing strategies. If people have faith in you, your product will sell with your name.
- Making them come back to you and avail of your services and products is another ball game altogether.
Once you understand the content creation funnel, it becomes much easier to know how to create content and at what stage. The customer is always looking for new brands and products to solve their problems and meet their needs, and knowing what to tell them when works well for any content marketing strategy.
A content marketing funnel takes potential leads through a step-by-step content flow and converts them into actual customers who pay for your products or services. By the end of it, a small number of leads will make it through to the bottom of the funnel and become a customer.
Top-of-funnel content doesn’t hard sell a product or service. Instead, it creates awareness, educates, and responds to customers’ pain points. Also called ToFu content, this is used to target prospects in the “awareness”’ stage.
A good content creator must know what their audience is looking for. They must be able to create something relevant to their audience’s needs.
The consideration stage in the content creation funnel helps your target audience consider your product or service as an option to resolve their problem. This is a key part of converting these leads to customers.
In this blog, you will find some unconventional content marketing strategies for driving lead generation in 2024.
Boost school visibility with effective content marketing for schools. Stand out online and engage your audience. Learn how!
Discover examples of successful brands that used social media content marketing and get inspired by their strategies.
Get your hands on the latest news!
Content Marketing vs Advertising – Which One is More Effective?
Interactive Content vs. Static Content: Which is More Effective?
Unlocking Success: 4 Case Studies of Successful Content Marketing Campaigns Using a Platform
Content Marketing vs Advertising – Which One is More Effective?