Table of Contents 1. A guide to digital content success 2. Your Brand in the Limelight 3. 15 Reasons to Invest in Content Writing Leads and Sales: The Ultimate Benefits of Content Writing Content Drives Traffic Get Noticed Online with Local SEO Marketing Content Generates Demand Increased User Engagement Measurable ROI Improved Brand Visibility on… Continue reading 15 Advantages of Content Writing
Table of Contents
1. A guide to digital content success
2. Your Brand in the Limelight
3. 15 Reasons to Invest in Content Writing
- Leads and Sales: The Ultimate Benefits of Content Writing
- Content Drives Traffic
- Get Noticed Online with Local SEO Marketing
- Content Generates Demand
- Increased User Engagement
- Measurable ROI
- Improved Brand Visibility on Social Media
- A Personalised Approach Through Content
- Timely Messaging Retains Audience
- Close Sales with a Persuasive Approach
- Provide Value Through Information, Emotion or Entertainment
- Benefits of SEO Content Writing: Higher Ranking on Search Engines
- Attract Traffic From Other Websites
- Enhance Your Reputation
- Separate Yourself From the Clutter
4. A Guide to Investing in Content Writing
5. Focus on Blogs and the Benefit of Writing Articles
6. Five Blogs You Must Check Out
7. 25 Top Content Marketing Resources
8. Key Takeaways
A Guide to Digital Success
The first impression that consumers have of a brand or a company is through the content they consume on the Internet. This determines whether they will explore the products and services further and make a transaction. Therefore, it is imperative that all businesses invest in high-quality content that is consistent with the brand’s other business practices.
The aim of content writing today is to drive traffic towards the website and convert leads into sales. Simply put, a dynamic content marketing strategy is the key to success in the digital age.
If the content is the king, content writers are the kingmakers. Having the right content partner with a proven track record goes a long way in ensuring that your landing page is visible and delivers great results.
Your Brand in the Limelight
Content is simply everywhere. Whether it’s short video apps like TikTok, live streaming apps like live, music apps like Spotify, news apps, tweets, podcasts, everything is content-driven.
A whole new genre of content creators has bigger fan followings than even film and sports stars. They hold great influence over their followers and can influence them towards various products and services. Content has leveled the playing field, and any company, big or small can now publish content on the Internet.
The Internet is itself now a marketplace of content, with billions of landing pages competing for the consumer’s attention. It is only through a well-thought-out and executed creative content marketing strategy that brands can get visibility.
15 Reasons to Invest in Content Writing
1. Leads and Sales: The Ultimate Benefits of Content Writing
Businesses use keywords to drive traffic towards their offerings. Using the right keywords gets you noticed, especially if they meet the requirements of consumers who are looking for your products or services. For example, if you operate a gym in South Mumbai, everyone who is searching for fitness accessories or health tips in Peddar Road should see your website while browsing.
Upon visiting your website, the customer must be able to go through the content of your website in a seamless manner. The content should be convincing, logical and address their needs. This in turn builds trust in the customer, enough to help them make the decision to take up a membership. This, in a gist, is how great content helps reinforce your brand offering at every step of the way.
2. Content Drives Traffic
Many times, companies believe that their website is flooded with visitors when in reality most of them are bots. With a great content strategy, you can ensure that real customers who are genuinely interested in your offerings will explore your website.
Needless to say, a hundred genuine customers are more desirable than a thousand bots. Even though organic growth can be slow, it is a sure-shot way to ensure long-lasting customer loyalty.
3. Get Noticed Online with Local SEO Marketing
If you have a brick-and-mortar enterprise and want customers from that part of town to visit you, SEO is the way to go. Through SEO, you can ensure that your business shows up on customers’ smartphones whenever they are searching for a product or service that you offer.
Every marketing guru dreams of timely footfalls, which convert into sales; now, online searches are making it a reality.
A Think with Google survey conducted in 2019, gave its readers statistics on the advantage of using local SEO marketing. Here are some of the results:
- Mobile queries such as ‘Where to buy’ and ‘Near me’ had grown by over 200% in the past two years.
- At least 60% of smartphone users had contacted local businesses using the ‘click to call’ button after search results.
- In the same time period, there was a 250% growth in searches using the keywords ‘store open near me’.
- 46% of customers confirmed an inventory online before planning a store visit.
- 70% of customers believed that visiting a store in person to choose a product was more important to them than choosing which brand or retailer they should purchase from.
- Finally, nearly 3/4th of customers who conduct a local search visit a store within five miles of their location; half of them do so within 24 hours.
This is every marketer’s dream. Instant footfalls can now be activated digitally. All it needs is the right content marketing strategy.
4. Content Generates Demand
If your product and service are new, content can generate demand where none existed before. This requires a dynamic content marketing strategy where new customers are acquired and retained, after building brand awareness.
One of the crucial processes in demand generation is observing consumer behavior and using it to convert leads into sales. Even if your product and service are not new, content can still be used to capture the already existing demand for it. The correct use of keywords ensures your offering will pop up whenever someone is searching for something in that particular product or service category.
A demand generation campaign requires specific goals to be set, which can be measured against the results. The target audience needs to be identified and reached. The content has to be curated in such a way that it meets the requirements of the targeted audience.
5. Increased User Engagement
An ideal content marketing strategy initiates two-way communication with context-driven user engagements. This enables users to have a fuller understanding of the origins, qualities, and features of the offering.
The more time consumers spend on evaluating the offering, the more likely they are to purchase it. Timely promotions can be run around periods where the chance of purchase is higher, for example, festive seasons. By using an ‘on-the-go approach, more mileage can be derived from the content you are publishing.
6. Measurable ROI!
Content should be spread across both static and video messages through the appropriate mix of blogs and social media. These messages can then be evaluated for their effectiveness through the appropriate feedback mechanisms.
Tracking user engagements and website traffic after the content is published enables you to gauge the success metrics and improvise on the content.
There is no doubt that the results can immediately be monitored. If the content is working there will be an upward spike in user engagements and website traffic; otherwise, a new content strategy must be devised immediately.
7. Improved Brand Visibility on Social Media
Creating timely social media posts that resonate with the target audience helps to create visibility for the brand and its offerings. For engaging users, it is imperative that the posts solve some consumer problems and keep them hooked on the content.
Consumer testimonials both in the static and video format are a great way to impress your future clientele about your unique offerings. The tone of voice should resonate with the target audience. A craft brewery would usually employ an informal tone, while a blue-chip company would need to sound very professional while addressing its corporate clientele. A unique, identifiable voice and style of communication will help your brand and offerings gain credibility and trust amongst consumers.
Social media content needs to follow established guidelines. It is necessary to steer clear of unnecessary controversies and keep a consumer-friendly approach. Images and videos with creative content can potentially go viral and instantly propel a brand into the limelight.
A variety of CTAs (Call To Actions) can be put in place to get desired user engagement.
- Directing them to your landing page
- Liking and sharing social media posts
- Getting answers based on their user experience
- Subscribing to a newsletter
- Subscribing to associated social media channels
8. A Personalised Approach Through Content
According to an eConsultancy report, 74% of marketers believe targeted personalization increases customer engagement. Dynamic emails use targeted data to create a relevant and context-driven experience. Simple demographic data such as age, race, gender, marital status, location, occupation, and education helps to adjust content as per the consumer profile.
Sometimes what appeals to a set of people may not appeal as much to another set. For example, a free trip to Goa may not appeal to residents of Goa themselves; therefore, they can be offered an alternative destination using the location feature.
Similarly, anti-aging product emails should not be sent to teenagers; women’s health and beauty emails should not be sent to men; entrepreneurship boot camp emails should not be sent to government employees, and so on.
Emails are also a great way to get a product or service review if the consumer is satisfied with the offering. Dynamic content is always centered around consumer behavior; for example, if a user doesn’t like to read the text but prefers video messages, then the content is presented in a video format.
9. Timely Messaging Retains Audience
Consistent and interesting content is the key to keeping the audience hooked and ensuring repeat sales. Blogging, influencer marketing, and video messages are all key to keeping your brand at the top of users’ minds.
User-Generated Content (UGC) is one of the most creative ways to increase your brand recall. For example, creating a quiz about your consumers’ favorite footballer, car manufacturer or holiday destination creates organic content, which is read without any resistance due to the information overload factor.
Blatant sales posts do not cut ice with consumers. Content has to contain a steady mix of blogs, visuals, videos, and other user content. Comments are read by most users who scroll down to get a more detailed idea of what people really think about a particular offering. If the comments show an offering in a favorable light then it nudges users closer towards a sale.
Content should be original, and every post should contain a new message. Other than infographics, ‘how-to’ articles and observations on various offerings can be included. A salesy tone of voice should be avoided.
There is various software like HootSuite, which provides analytics to determine the success metrics of your content. Using this feedback will help you adjust your communications accordingly.
10. Close Sales with a Persuasive Approach
Content can be used to ensure a purchasing decision when the customer is evaluating various options online. By laying out a clear-cut argument about the benefits and the superiority of the offering, the lead can be closed into a sale quickly.
An expert content service will ensure that only the critical points that will help the consumer make his decision are highlighted. As a result, there will be no information overload, and the consumer will not explore another offer right away.
11. Provide Value Through Information, Emotion or Entertainment
Good content provides value and makes it worth the while of the consumer. There are various ways in which this value could be derived. The value could be informational and highlight the features and/or ingredients of the product or service. It could be about how to use the offering. It could be about the benefits of the offering. It could even provide a comparative analysis of the advantages.
The brand value can also be emotional. For instance, a beach resort could market itself as an ideal honeymoon destination. An insurance company could ride on the emotional aspect to show how protection for loved ones is very important and so on.
Another way to provide value is to make the content entertaining. The creative use of out-of-the-box content like humor, drama, suspense, etc., allows the user to recall the content and brand.
12. Benefits of SEO Content Writing: Higher Rankings on Search Engines
Professional SEO content writers conduct a lot of research before writing content for landing pages. They are up-to-date with the kind of keywords that Google’s algorithms favor. They include the buzzwords that enable websites to feature in the top searched Google rankings. They also use a data-driven approach to promote URLs using keywords and location.
Not all content needs to be about the product or service, but it should add value to the consumer. Embedding original content like blogs, videos, and infographics onto your website is a great way to drive traffic.
Headlines have a great impact on SEO as well, so ensure your landing pages have keyword-rich, interesting headlines. They have to be coded as H1 and H2 as the case may be to get the desired traffic. Simple coding errors can adversely impact Google’s search results.
Keep in mind that although Google uses algorithms for rankings, an army of 10,000+ raters (employees) train those algorithms. These raters use the following parameters to rate a website and this is the basis for its discoverability on Google:
- Page quality: They check if the page is serving the purpose for which it was created. If it is doing this, a negative rating will be avoided. This is unless the page has been set up to deliberately deceive or harm someone.
- YMYL Scrutiny: A majority of pages are classified as either one of the two ‘Your Money’ (YM) or ‘Your Life’ (YL), by Google raters. These pages are scrutinised more thoroughly because they impact people’s lives. Shopping, finance, financial information and legal information come under ‘Your Money’. Medical information and pages dedicated to user safety come under ‘Your Life’. News and public/official information come under either ‘Your Money’ or ‘Your Life’ as the case may be.
If a landing page comes under YM or YL, it is all the more crucial to optimize it for Google search and rating guidelines. This is because even the smallest errors can invite negative ratings.
- E-A-T (Expertise – Authoritativeness – Trustworthiness): Sites and individuals who enjoy these three attributes enjoy higher rankings on Google. For example, a professional high-quality news network will enjoy higher page quality rankings. News pages with a good reputation for journalistic integrity will generally rank high. If medical advice is given on a page, then it should be prescribed by a qualified medical professional or else it will attract a negative rating. In the same manner, financial and legal advice must be provided by qualified professionals. Even activities such as trekking, swimming, etc., should be promoted by individuals who are themselves experts in it.
- Quality of content: Besides webpage content, there are two types of content – Main Content (MC), which is why the page was created. This is the main factor in Google rankings. Then, there is Supplementary Content (SC), which either adds to or detracts from the MC. In order for content to obtain high rankings, it must be relevant and fresh. If your content is not updated regularly, it is most likely to have a low E-A-T score.
- Finding information on the website: The pages on your website should have information that is easily accessible to users. If there is more than one homepage, the Google ratings will only apply to the one with the most relevant information. Also, the raters should be able to identify who created the website and the page content.
- Website reputation: It’s crucial for a website to establish a good reputation. Otherwise, it’s almost certain that it will have a poor quality rating. Again, the quality of content is the key determinant to establish a good reputation.
The user experience of the visitors to your site is taken into account while establishing it. Even the professional opinions of subject matter experts are taken into consideration. The Google raters will also look at user reviews, references, and expert recommendations regarding your website. All this together determines website reputation.
- Mobile page quality: For good mobile web page ratings, users should have quick and easy access to content.
- Correct query interpretations: It is often seen that a query has an interpretation. which is different from what shows up on Google. Google classifies these as Minor, Common and Dominant interpretations. For example, when you search for an ambassador, the dominant interpretation is of the government official, the common interpretation is of the car and the minor interpretation is that of a chain of motels. It is necessary to establish the correct interpretation so that users do not get misled and content plays the main role in that.
- ‘Needs Met’ Guidelines: Google has a wide spectrum of ratings in order to ensure that the needs of its mobile users are met. This ranges from Fully Meets (FullyM), which means that the user is fully satisfied and doesn’t need to visit another page, to Fails to Meet (FailsM), which means that the needs of the user are not met at all.
- Overall Page Quality Rating: Based on all the aforesaid factors, the page receives a final rating. The highest quality pages are those that deliver definite benefits to the users. They contain content that is easy to find. They have a high E-A-T score. As the purpose, reputation, content and E-A-T decrease, they fall into medium, low and lowest quality page ratings.
13. Attract Traffic from Other Websites
If your landing page has informative and useful content, other websites will provide links to your page. This will improve your SERP (Search Engine Results Page) rankings.
Google views it very favorably if other pages include links to your page. Long-tail keywords (which include more words in a single phrase) are critical in improving search engine results page (SERP) rankings, and expert content service providers can devise such keywords.
14. Enhance Your Reputation
Great content confirms your landing page status as one devised by subject matter experts. This is your only chance to show that your unique perspective has evolved from in-depth knowledge of the subject. If you have already established yourself in the physical world, then the transition into the digital world will be made easier with expert content services.
For example, a reputed dermatologist will have users devouring his content when he gives them online tips on how to counter skin diseases. His reputation will be even further enhanced as he reaches a wider audience and addresses their concerns.
15. Separate Yourself From the Clutter
In this era, where everything is outsourced and companies are making almost identical products and services, what makes one stand out? Of course, it’s the content. The tone of voice created by expert content marketers should be unique and identifiable with your brand or service alone. It should be engaging and fun, and every time a piece of content is sent out, it should nudge the consumer irresistibly towards a sale.
A Guide to Investing in Content Writing
Step 1: Reach out to an expert content service provider.
Step 2: Discuss your content requirements with them.
Step 3: They will prepare a content marketing strategy according to your budget.
Step 4: Enjoy the fruits of your investment by seeing your brand recall grow exponentially.
Focus on Blogs and the Benefits of Writing Articles
Blogging is a great way to keep the buzz around your brand and offerings.
- Provides updated information to your audience
- Promotes your products and services
- Attracts new customers and clientele
- Enhances brand reputation
- Creates a community around your blog
- Promotes organic growth
- Helps the brand to get noticed to avoid being salesy
Article writing, too, helps by establishing your brand and your company profile. Your professional opinion on a variety of solutions that you offer can establish your credibility.
Five Blogs You Must Check Out
OptinMonster: It attracts over a lakh website that uses its lead generation, tools, tips, and strategies
Buffer: Uses guest blogging to boost visibility
Rip Curl: Brings together its YouTube subscribers and Facebook followers for a great beach-surfing experience
GE: It’s the blog to see about B2B marketing
Intrepid Travel: A blog about traveling in small groups and having adventures with more than 600k+ Facebook followers
25 Top Content Marketing Resources
1. Pepper Content: Delivers premium content marketing services that are working wonders for leading global brands.
2. Unbounce: Offers great advice on conversion and landing page optimization to take your online marketing campaigns to the next level.
3. Vero: The go-to source for email marketing and automated emails.
4. Moz: Includes updated SEO research and analytics to up your online marketing skills.
5. Coschedule: Has insightful blogs on content marketing strategies.
6. Wistia: A great place to start your content video marketing journey.
7. Econsultancy: Contains updated digital marketing insights and eCommerce industry analytics.
8. Hubspot: Contains useful content marketing and digital marketing insights.
9. Contently: You can read a wide range of content strategy blogs here.
10. KISSmetrics: Offers analytics to optimize your digital marketing campaigns.
11. Optimizely: Provides data on landing page optimization and A/B testing.
12. Groove: Shares valuable findings derived from their content journey to a $500 million company.
13. AdEspresso: The go-to page to learn about Facebook advertising and other forms of paid advertising.
14. Ghost: The blog where you learn how to create a great blog.
15. Convince & Convert: Covers a wide range of topics related to social media content.
16. Content Marketing Institute: Offers detailed blogs on marketing measurement and the future of digital marketing.
17. Marketing Insider Group: This will help you to gain a deeper understanding of Google Analytics.
18. The Story of Telling: You will understand how to incorporate storytelling into digital campaigns.
19. CMO: The Adobe blog about artificial intelligence and data-driven marketing
20. Rock Content: A blog about interactive content and live blogging.
21. Semrush: A blog about digital brand strategy and value propositions.
22. Blue Corona: This helps with the identification of industry-specific keywords for digital strategy.
23. Ad Age: One of the well-known blogs about trend evaluation and marketing analysis.
24. Chief Marketing Technologist: A blog that delves deeper into the convergence of marketing and technology.
25. ClickZ: Offers reliable insights into content marketing.
- Content determines website traffic
- Content drives user engagement
- Content plays a key role in Google search ratings
- Content generates leads
- Content converts leads into sales
- Content creates a unique brand identity
- The advantages of content writing are measurable
It should flow seamlessly, be engaging, provide the consumers with the answers they are looking for, and contain keywords organically.
They will create a unique tone of voice and brand identity for your brand. They will create organic keywords, which will drive traffic towards your landing pages. This will allow for better results on your digital content campaign.
Content is the basis of digital marketing. SEO and keywords, which determine site traffic and Google search rankings, as especially important.
Coming up with creative ideas is a challenge as that evinces consumer interest, which is why professional content service providers are roped in; they suggest various creative ideas.
Bad content stretches facts and gives unnecessary advice and irrelevant information. It also includes keyword stuffing, which means that SEO keywords are unnecessarily inserted into the content.
You can measure content through web traffic, user engagement, lead generation, and search engine rankings.