Table of Contents
- Top Landing Page Designing Tips
- Key Takeaways
Landing pages are web pages that focus on specific campaigns. Their purpose is to encourage people to buy a product or a service. A well-designed landing page for a targeted audience captures visitors’ attention and convinces them to complete an action required to purchase the product.
Learn how to tweak your landing page designing efforts as per your targeted audience’s needs and interests with these simple landing page design tips.
Top Landing Page Designing Tips
1. Draft your product offering and campaign
Outline your product offering and campaign. Enlist the offer and campaign and think about the other basics that need to be included on the landing page.
If you have a smartwatch company and want to promote a 20% discount for your Instagram users, it is important to know your audience, their preferences, and their interest in high-tech and smart products. You should pique their interest in trending smart devices.
An excellent introductory sentence could be, “All the info and tools that you need are at your fingertips, on your wrist. Trendy smartwatches. Now at 20% off.”
The ability to explain to the users how your product or service can solve their problems and ease their burden is at the core of an effective landing page design.
- Your message should be written clearly and concisely deliver the message in as few words as possible. Short and simple sentences make your messages professional.
- You can use images to deliver your message effectively.
- Make sure that there are no distractions or clutter.
- Landing pages are compelling when they use stories, testimonials, and other forms of social proof.
- Add a video component to make it more interesting.
- Enlist the solutions and benefits for your users
- Your users want to know how your products or services can benefit them.
It is important to put yourself in your target persona and try to answer these questions:
- What are the products or solutions I need to make my life easier?
- How can this company’s products or services solve my problem?
- How will my work or life improve after I purchase this product?
Provide answers to these questions on your landing page to set up your offer. Then you may lead into your CTA.
Take the landing page of meal subscription brand Sprink for example.
This landing page delivers the right message in not too many words. The images help to deliver a clear message. The background is free of clutter and any distractions. A clear white background enhances the images of the variety of healthy food.
As you scroll down, you will find out how the subscription service works. It answers most of the customer’s doubts. The CTA box is added in blue color. They encourage customers to read on to find out more about their service, and they have added a Whatsapp chat facility for any queries from customers.
2. Create a compelling CTA
A CTA (call-to-action) is a button added for consumers to buy a product, download a piece of content, subscribe to a newsletter, etc. Basically, they are taking an action.
The CTA sentence and button are crucial for conversion rates. Ideally, a landing page should consist of just one CTA. Such landing pages appear more professional than those with many CTA buttons. According to a study from Unbounce, landing pages with a single call-to-action button or link have a higher conversion rate.
Marketers should introduce a common problem that the consumers have, such as a list of pain points. These pain points could be user money, time, or energy.
- Explain how your product or service solves their problem and delve into features.
- Include stories, testimonials, and other forms of social proof to create a compelling copy.
- Focus on a specific topic to increase the conversion rate of your campaign.
Remember that customers who find your landing page through paid social media content from Instagram and Facebook have a different mindset. They aren’t necessarily looking to buy your product. In contrast, customers who find your landing page by proactively searching on google are looking to buy your product or service. Customize your landing page for your specific campaign. It is important to create a compelling copy and a captivating CTA.
- The best CTAs are catchy words such as “sign up,” “Join us,” etc.
- You could build a sense of trust with phrases like, “Let’s build your offer,” “Talk to us.”
- You could appeal to the user’s sense of urgency with CTAs such as “Get a 30-day free trial,” “Limited Edition,” and “Shop Now.”
3. Come up with an excellent design for your landing page.
A good landing page design influences your users to purchase your product or subscribe to your service. The landing page layout must be consistent with your company branding, and it should appeal to your target audience. Organize your landing page into specific sections.
The key design elements of a landing page are,
The headline captures the users’ attention and keeps them interested in staying on the landing page. The headline should be clear, relevant, and empathetic.
The copy introduces your users to the offer.
The call-to-action button achieves the conversion.
Social proof reassures your users of the success of your products or services.
Talkspace has a good headline and a sub-headline that elaborates the service. Take a look:
Social proof demonstrates trust and showcases how many people have bought your product, taken up the offer, and are enjoying the benefits of your product.
Consider this example from the landing page of Mamaearth. It features testimonials from users who highlight how Mamaearth products have been beneficial to them.
To determine what brings the highest conversion rate, A/B test all the design elements on your landing page, including the CTA button style and text. Many online tools are available that let you build and test your landing pages.
4. Optimize your landing page for mobile view
A significant portion of the world’s population uses mobile Internet. You must optimize your landing pages for mobile users. You also need to pay attention to the loading times on mobile landing pages. As the load time for a mobile landing page increases, the bounce rate also increases. Keeping your users interested brings down the load time for mobile landing pages.
- A landing page design that is simple and effective goes a long way in convincing users to convert to your customers.
- Outline your product and offer. Then, mention your product or services’ benefits to your customers.
- Describe which problem you are solving for the customers on your landing page.
- Write a compelling CTA to convince your customers to take action.
- Focus on a great design that describes your product accurately.
- Optimize your landing page for mobile.
- Use tools that allow you to build and create a good landing page UI design through online platforms.
Effective landing page designing begins with your offer, enlisting the benefits and solutions of your products or services, focusing on writing compelling CTAs and those important design elements that make your offer irresistible for users.
Landing page design is the process of creating an engaging site page for your website visitors and target audience. The landing page should encourage visitors to convert from leads into customers. Effective landing page design should include your product or service, company information, relevant offers, and CTAs.
A good landing page design should contain your product offer. It should be able to explain why your product is valuable to the customers. Text on the landing page should be written in simple, clear, and concise language. Effective landing pages describe the offer with the headline and use a sub-heading for explaining the value further.
– Clear selling proposition
– A clear image that represents your product or offer
– A short description of the features and benefits of your products
– Social proof that includes stories, testimonials, reviews, etc
– A compelling CTA
There is no need to have a website to create a landing page. However, landing pages could be a part of your website. Landing pages include a sign-up form to collect user data such as names, email addresses, interests, and location.
Landing page design services assist businesses in improving conversion rates of email marketing, ad campaigns, and other marketing initiatives through landing page designs focussed on conversions. Landing page design services include designing the landing page, building, testing, and launching the landing page.