Inbound marketing has become very popular, with more and more businesses adopting it to pull in customers organically. Acquiring new customers is an essential part of every business. With consumer behavior changing continuously, businesses and brands need to use inbound marketing to grow.
This blog focuses on the top 9 inbound marketing channels to skyrocket your website traffic.
But before that, let’s do a quick round-up of the basics of inbound marketing.
The Basics of Inbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is a business strategy used to attract customers by developing valuable experiences and content that is specially tailored according to their needs. It’s the process of attracting, engaging, and delighting users.
There are many benefits when it comes to inbound marketing.
- Reduced expenses
- Higher trust and credibility
- Quality traffic and leads
- Opportunity to learn and evolve
9 Inbound Marketing Channels
If you’re looking for ways to increase your website traffic, here are nine inbound marketing channels and techniques to use.
1. Social media
Social engagement and sharing should be an essential part of your inbound marketing strategy. It can help by getting your content a lot of visibility. Today, people spend a lot of time on social media platforms. So, find out which social media platforms suit your business or are relevant to you. Create an innovative social media strategy to create, share and promote your content.
Headlines and titles are critical when creating content because, according to Neil Patel, 80% of people read the headline, but only 20% will read your article until the end. There’s no formula for a great headline. The rule is to write several headlines and decide which of those titles grabs the most attention.
Apart from creating great content, you must also optimize the content for search engines. This is important so that your content shows up to the right audience at the right time. Good SEO begins with conducting proper keyword research and then naturally adding those keywords into your content.
4. Email marketing
Email marketing is still one of the most effective forms of content to reach out to your audience. When people subscribe to an email list, they expect to hear from the brand. The idea is to find out what they want and to convince them that your brand is the answer. Email marketing should be an essential part of your inbound marketing strategy to create the right impact.
According to Sprout Social, a call-to-action (CTA) is a way to convince your visitors to take action. You must have a compelling CTA that is short, clear, bold, and action-oriented. Make sure that your CTA is relevant to your content. You must place CTAs multiple times on lead generation pages to help drive more conversions.
6. Social listening
Social listening is vital when it comes to inbound marketing. Your followers may leave comments, reviews, or ask a question on various social media platforms. You can stay up to date with what’s happening in your industry or respond to brand mentions promptly with social listening.
Use marketing automation and CRM software to manage leads, view insights, and create automated email workflows for your business. This will help you communicate with your leads in the best way possible and increase the chances of converting those leads into customers.
8. Live events and webinars
Live events and webinars are another great inbound marketing technique to engage customers and keep them updated about the latest happenings in your business. You can host product tutorials and Q&A sessions through Livestorm or Instagram Live to connect with your audience.
9. Landing pages
According to Sprout Social, landing pages are what your potential leads will see when they click on your link or ad. Hence, landing pages need to be optimized to encourage visitors to subscribe or sign up. You must create compelling copy and offer them something in return. You can offer them an ebook, whitepaper, or a free product trial.
The Final Word
These were some of the best inbound marketing channels for your business. You need to understand what works well for your business. When starting with inbound marketing, try out different channels to understand which one suits your business needs.
- Social engagement and sharing should be an essential part of your inbound marketing strategy.
- Headlines and titles are critical when you create content.
- Apart from creating great content, you must also optimize the content for search engines.
- Email marketing should be an essential part of your inbound marketing strategy to create the right impact.
- Make sure that your CTA is relevant to your content.
- You can stay up to date with what’s happening in your industry or respond to brand mentions promptly with social listening.
- Use marketing automation and CRM software to manage leads, view insights, and create automated email workflows for your business.
- Live events and webinars are another great inbound marketing technique to engage customers and keep them updated.
- Landing pages need to be optimized to encourage your visitors to subscribe or sign up.
You can create an inbound marketing strategy in the following ways:
– Building buyer personas
– Set your inbound marketing strategy objectives
– Outline your customer’s marketing triggers
– Create a list of keywords
– Align content to the buyer’s journey
– Create a lead nurturing process
– Conversion-focused blogging
– Build a team of inbound marketing strategy experts
According to Neil Patel, the five inbound marketing principles are standardized, contextualized, optimized, personalized, and empathize (S.C.O.P.E).
The four stages of inbound methodology are attracted, convert, close, and delight.
Inbound marketing isn’t only about creating brand awareness. It is about pulling in the right traffic and leads with a more informed and targeted approach.
Inbound email marketing focuses on sending out emails to the right people interested in your services, brand, and products.