Table Of Contents
- Introduction to SEO Content Writing
- Understanding SEO Content Writing
- How SEO blog writing is going to change your business strategies
- 12 Benefits of SEO Content Writing
- Key Takeaways
- Parting Words
In January of 1996, an essay titled ‘Content is King’ was published on Microsoft’s website authored by Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft and one of the most influential software developers and business tycoons in the history of mankind. In his essay, Bill Gates prophesied how content will play a major role in internet economics. And even after 26 years since Bill Gates wrote and published this essay, content is still the king and will continue to be so for ages to come.
In 2021, the second decade of the digital age, when more than 50% of the entire world population is active on the internet, digital marketing takes the front seat as one of the most crucial marketing domains for a business.
When one talks of digital marketing, quality content is a prerequisite. If you don’t know how to showcase your product creatively to the world it will be impossible to sell it. And in such a competitive space, when every business out there is trying to gain more visibility on the internet, it becomes imperative for marketers to employ strategies that can increase their reach on the web. One such strategy, that is also coincidentally the core theme of this piece of text — SEO content writing.
Introduction to SEO Content Writing
A very popular and cardinal term that has been in vogue in the digital marketing cyberscape for quite some time is SEO or Search Engine Optimization. As the name suggests, it refers to the process of optimizing your content for search engines.
One may ask why content needs to be optimized for search engines. The answer to this is that the content optimized for the web enjoys far greater visibility and virtual footfall compared to non-optimized content.
Blogging has been around for decades. Once a highly popular means for folks to write about the things they love and showcase it to a wider audience, blogging still holds a relatively good amount of relevance on the internet, coming second only to the uber-popular and much younger social media platforms.
Understanding SEO Content writing
SEO content writing or SEO blog writing is the amalgamation of SEO practices and blog writing. Writing a blog and writing a search engine optimized blog are two different things. Although both involve a great deal of research and planning, the kind of research that goes into writing SEO blogs is different.
While writing SEO blogs, apart from the usual research on the subject of the blog, the layout of the blog, researching the keywords to be included, target audience analysis, and the technical specs of the website on which the blogs are being published also need to be taken care of.
Why? Well, first of all, if the aforementioned stuff is not taken care of, your blog won’t appear in the search results no matter how good a writer you are.
Secondly, as much as the writer needs to get his thoughts across his readers’ minds, it is also of paramount importance for the reader to be able to understand the contents of the blog without any hindrances. And this is achieved by ensuring that the readability score of the blog is high.
Thirdly, SEO is not only about optimizing content but also the website that hosts the blogs. According to a 2019 article published on Portent, site loading speed is a major factor that impacts conversion rates. Thus, making sure that the website’s loading times are faster and the UI is aesthetically pleasing and practical is also a prominent part of search engine optimization. The rationale is that you don’t want the website to only rank higher in the search results or direct a large number of visitors to it. You want to retain those numbers. After all, this is what running a business is all about.
Thus, quality SEO blog writing depends on many elements and refers to blogs that not only rank high in search results but also are quite readable and easy to traverse.
How SEO Blog Writing is Going to Change Your Business strategies
We live in the era of digital marketing. And unlike traditional advertisements like TV and newspaper ads or hoardings, which were all paid, digital marketing is both paid and unpaid. What’s surprising is that in digital marketing, a major chunk of traffic, more than 92% if you want the numbers, comes the organic way, i.e., via browser searches and external links from other websites.
And SEO targets this organic, unpaid segment of digital marketing. Search engines don’t charge fortunes for having your website appear on the very first SERP. If your website is optimized as per the search engine’s protocols, it will show.
To tap into the advantages of organic digital marketing, SEO blogging is a predominantly preferred method for various businesses. The benefits of SEO for small businesses are much more pronounced. Since they cannot afford to spend a lot on marketing, they usually bank on SEO for better reach on the web.
Let’s get a deeper insight into how SEO blog writing can change your business strategies.
1. Enhancing user experience
SEO blogs are responsible for driving traffic to the host website. And when an internet user visits that website, he/she expects the website to have an easily navigable interface. This compels the business to optimize its website to retain as much of the incoming traffic as it can.
2. Publishing appropriate content
SEO blog writing is not just about creating optimized content for search engines. Displaying content that is relevant and targeted at the readers is also a must-do. Thus, formulating a business strategy that focuses on publishing quality content and not prudish complacency is important.
3. Incorporating a targeted approach
Blogging is a great way of aiming at a specific market niche and churning out content that relates to that niche. SEO blogging allows a business to research more into their industry and create content that consumers are looking for.
4. Spending more on R&D
Instead of incessantly spending on paid adverts, it is more intelligible and infinitely advantageous to focus on creating content that can drive traffic organically.
12 Benefits of SEO Content Writing
SEO plays a pivotal role in making a business successful on the web. The benefits it provides are almost countless and worth all the effort.
We have curated a list of some of the major advantages of SEO and every business that is looking to have a formidable online presence, should leverage these.
- Improved visibility and brand presence: One of the most popular and most stressed-upon reasons behind the popularity of SEO blogging is that if employed correctly, it increases the visibility of a business website manifold. And since people are accustomed to supporting any of their decisions with a quick web search on their phones or computers, better visibility works immensely in favor of a business.
- Higher quality organic traffic: Whatever terms people search for on the internet are called keywords. Since SEO blogging revolves around including relevant keywords, it is much easier for consumers to spot the right business for their needs. This means that if a business website is ranked for specific keywords in its industry, visitors will flock to it and conversion rates for the business will go up linearly.
Let’s take an instance to understand this better. If a person is looking for hiking shoes, he will enter ‘hiking shoes’ in the search bar. Several businesses that sell hiking shoes will pop up in his search results. But the businesses websites that are ranked at the top will receive the first click. It’s as simple as that.
- Establishing better market rep: It’s a rule of thumb that people believe what they see. If a website is consistently ranking higher, thanks to the near-immaculate SEO done by its marketers, people will take it to be more authentic and reliable.
Take Salesforce for example. Salesforce is not the only tech website that provides amazing content. Many websites do it much better. But salesforce ranks higher because their blogs are more optimized for search engines than those of other websites’.
- Great user experience: Out of the many benefits of SEO, one that works favorably both for the writer and the reader is superb user experience. SEO blogging demands that the blog and the publisher’s website has an uncomplicated, practical, and navigable layout. This ensures that when a potential lead visits the website, he is greeted with a web page that provides all the info he needs without any hindrances.
According to the Search Engine Journal, Google has a way to calculate which websites are user-friendly and which are not. This directly reflects in the SERP rankings, too.
- Higher conversion rates: Highlighted more than once in this blog but never deeply pondered upon, a good conversion rate is one of the prime benefits of SEO blogging.
Writing blogs that are SEO-friendly makes it possible for your website to be ranked for industry-specific keywords. This, in turn, reels more traffic towards the website which translates to more visitors and consequently higher rates of conversions. It’s a simple formula but quite effective.
- Constantly updated content: The internet is always changing. Every day we come across innovations that often show us a new way of working with technology. Since blogging is all about researching, taking efforts to upload fresh content can attract a lot of visitors.
This also keeps your website updated and refreshed as uploading new content constantly requires the host website to be optimized.
- Ranking new or specific keywords is easier: If SEO blogging can get your website ranked, it can also get your keywords ranked. No kidding. All you need to do is write a few SEO blogs around those keywords and then wait for the search engine to rank them. Another benefit of doing this is that you might sometimes stumble upon keywords that have high chances of gaining upward traction.
- Forming a deeper connection with your audience: The core purpose of blogging is to expose the writer’s thoughts to the readers. If you can write what the readers want to read, your blog has served its purpose. And from a business point of view, forming such connections is always a welcome step.
- Internal linking becomes more plausible: If your blog has a good amount of visitors, you would want to redirect some of them to the other content on your website. SEO blogging allows for creating a great internal linking strategy. Thus, making it easier for viewers to search content on the website.
- Higher number of indexed pages: Having quality SEO blogs on your website allows a search engine to index more of its pages. Search engines are built to recognize trusty websites. So, the more indexed pages your website has, the more trustworthy it is.
- Enhancing social media reach: Coupling SEO blogging with a good social media marketing strategy can work wonders and bring in more leads than before.
- Elevated domain authority score: One of the requisites of SEO blogging is to have exceptional knowledge of the industry you’re writing for. Writing targeted content lets the search engine know that if there’s a query regarding your industry, your website is the authority.
- A key strategy in digital marketing is SEO or Search Engine Optimization.
- SEO refers to optimizing a website to improve its quality and drive in more traffic.
- Blogging is one of the crucial elements of SEO.
- SEO blogging refers to writing blogs that are optimized for search engines, have relatable & detailed content, and a good readability score.
Search engine optimization is a technical term and unsurprisingly, there are a vast amount of technicalities involved in optimizing content for search engines. When one writes an SEO blog, the premise is to create a blog that ticks all the boxes of an optimized blog and is visible on the search engine. But what most marketers don’t see is that the optimization is ultimately being done for the consumers.
Today, everyone yearning to buy a product does a quick Google check. If a business can convince the consumers that it is creating products or providing services that the user exactly needs, it’s a win. And this is what SEO blogging and SEO as a marketing strategy is all about.
SEO is a marketing strategy that enhances a website’s presence on search engines. Doing so is meant to direct more traffic towards that website & increase conversion rates.
SEO ensures that your business is ranked higher on SERPs thus bringing in quality traffic and ultimately quality leads.
Sharing high-quality, audience-oriented blogs allows a business, apart from the usual SEO marketing benefits, to establish a great market rep. Look at Hubspot & Salesforce.
Know your blog topics inside out, gather relevant keywords, create a proper layout, include a lot of niche-specific details & ensure good readability. Still, stuck? Hire experts.
A good marketing blog is not only optimized for the website but for the readers too. It has quality content, is easily perusable, and imparts relevant info to the readers.
More than 90% of the global internet traffic comes from browser searches. This means that if a website is ranked higher, thanks to SEO, it’ll rake in a huge amount of visitors frequently.
Don’t just focus on just following the SEO guidelines for blogs. Create catchy, relatable, detailed & easy-to-read content. Basically, write it from a reader’s POV.
For SEO blogging you don’t have to be a gifted writer but you need to keep certain guidelines in mind. In addition to this, you need to read a lot of quality blogs and understand how they arrange their content. And keep practicing.